Chapter 4

Dedicated to sweetroses17

Manik was lying on the bed. His eyes were closed as he peacefully rested. He had been through a lot in the past three days and by some miracle he had survived.

The terrorist attack was so horrifying leaving only a scrap of survivors and Manik was one of the fortunate ones.

He lied with heavy bandages all around his body. He was found squashed under a pillar at the office. He was admitted with severe head injury and multiple fractures.

It had been 72 hours since Nandini had been sitting across his bed rubbing her hands on his, but he didn't wake up.

The only things that ensured he was alive was his faint heartbeat and low breathing.

Nandini had been aimlessly talking to him, talking about their children. She was filling him news that how the little five year old caught up a fight with his seven year old sister over who would play with daddy.

Nandini repeatedly cajoled him to wake up, talk to her, meet his children but all he did was lie there without even giving a damn about anything.

"Manik", she called but nothing. She helplessly entwined their hands and placed her head over it, as she drifted off to sleep.

Nandini felt Manik's hand slip from her. She sleepily pulled it back under her head and said,"Manik let me sleep.....", but the next moment her eyes fluttered open and a wide smile flashed across her face.

"Manik you are awake. Thank god you are okay" and Nandini threw her arms around his neck waiting for his arms to wrap around her petite frame.

But it didn't happen.

Manik shuffled uncomfortably in her embrace and Nandini moved back to look into his eyes.

There was a distant look in his eyes and Nandini tried to figure out what it was.....

"Manik?", Nandini asked hoping  this awkwardness would vanish away.

Manik stared at her for a long time. He tilted his head to the right as if figuring out something.

He then raised his brows and asked in a monotone,"Do I know you?"

Nandini stared back at him as he said those words. Then he playfully hit his shoulders and spoke," Don't joke Manik. How can you even have the mind to crack jokes in this condition."

"I am not joking and how do you know my name?", Manik asked curiously.

"Where is my mom?", he asked peeking behind Nandini to look for Nyonika.

"Manik how can you don't know me. I am your wife!!", Nandini could no longer keep her voice down.

"Wife!! Oh please I am not married", Manik replied her with equal anger.

What kind of mad girl is this. Why on earth will I get married at the age of 20. I am crazy I know but not that much....

He thought as Nandini couldn't believe her ears.

She had wished and prayed for days, that Manik gets up from his sleep but never in her wildest dreams she thought that he may not remember her.

"What about Mannat and Ishq? ", Nandini asked with tears in her eyes. Hoping that this would bring back some of the memories. He would never be able to forget his children even if he forgets her.

"See lady, I don't you nor do I know why you are standing here with tears in front of me. Maybe you lost your way, but I am not your husband. Now please leave me.", Manik declared.

"No you can't do this. Manik am your wife.... Your Nandu, your love.", Nandini held his hands tightly in her trying to convince him.

Manik looked at the pleading girl and the tears falling down and for a moment he raised his hands to wipe her tears.

It pricked his heart seeing her in that condition but soon his brain took over his actions and he quickly withdrew his hands.

Both stared at each other figuring how to cope up the situation.
Manik sat up and made some space for Nandini to sit.

Nandini looked at him questioningly. One minute earlier he was asking her to leave the next minute he his rubbing her tears and asking her to sit.

Manik patted the space on his bed and signalled her to sit.

"So you know me right?", Manik asked her calmly.

Nandini nodded her head.

"You are my....ahh wi....fee?", Manik asked.

"Yes I am.", Nandini replied.

"Okay!", Manik's mind was in a tornado.

"How long are we married?", he asked completely unaware of what is coming his way.

"Five years.......", Nandini said.

"What you are trying to say I married you at the age if 15.", Manik chuckled as Nandini stared at him bewildered.

"Manik you are 27.", Nandini spoke not knowing what more is left to happen.

"What?!", Manik stared at her not knowing what happened to seven years is his life.

He was supposed to be 20.

Hey guys this is the new book. I am going to update here now.

Hope you guys enjoy the chappy.

And don't forget to vote and comment.

Till then happy reading