Chapter 21

***Alex POV***

Dr. Stone said at times like this, I need to take ten deep breaths and for atleast five minutes think about the situation at hand and the possible actions that I could choose to handle the problem. He said that I should weigh the consequences of what my actions may bring. That I need to decide whether the consequences will be worth my actions. My main issue is that I react instead of thinking things through first.

In my line of work that ability has been a great advantage of mine but I need to learn to turn that sort of reaction off when I am off duty. Should I take several deep breaths right now? Probably. Should I take my time in thinking things through for this "complicated situation"? Yes I guess, I probably do. But I am not "Fixed" and I just started therapy. And right now I am not really giving a fuck what Dr. Stone suggests that I fucking do.

The old bitch had some fucking nerve to approach Eve in a public setting with some unknown men while She was with my kids! She is dead. I don't give a damn if she is the woman who has birthed me or if she is trying to turn a new leaf. Emma threaten my woman's only family member she is close to because of the shit that is going on between me and her. But you know what? Thats cool. I am about to shut this shit down right now.

I continue striding through the car port from my car with my trusty machete swinging by my side. I am so ready to be done with this bull shit. "Alex damnit! Wait! Maybe we should think this whole thing over." Jason said while huffing behind me. My best friend had ran all the way from his office to meet me in the car port at this hotel several blocks away. He was trying to stop me but he mind as well be talking to a fucking wall in this moment. I just shrug my shoulders and not answer him. I honestly don't want to fucking talk.

I heave out a heavy sigh as Jason runs out in front of me blocking my way. "Alex chill the fuck out for a second!" He shouts into my face. I stop and glare at him. "Jason what the fuck man? MOVE!"

"No! Man talk to me. You can't just storm into a fucking hotel with a big ass machete swinging in broad daylight!" I pause for a minute with his words. I didn't truly care about whether someone saw me or not but I guess he had a point. "You are right bro." I said turning around to the car and jogging back to get my hand gun instead. When Jason saw that I was only just changing out weapons he let out a string of curses under his breath.

"She is your fucking mo_"

"Don't you fucking go there Jason! She is no mother to me! She threaten my woman, how the fuck do you think I should handle it? HUH?!" I shouted back at him. Annoyed that he somehow found out where I was without being told by me.

"All I am saying is that it must be some serious shit that she has to speak with you about if she is willing to track down Eve to get a message out to you. Do you really think she would have gone through with killing Eve's grandmother?"

I roll my eyes, I know he is trying to make conversation in hopes to buy time until I calm down but that shit isn't going to fly this time. "Jason, you are one of the lucky ones. You don't even fucking know how lucky you are to actually have a parent who loves you unconditionally. Emma is never nor will ever be like Ms. Cheryl. Emma is a ruthless old bitch who can be cold and extremely calculated in order to get the things that she wants. I don't put anything past her. Jason I know that you are trying to help. I know that you don't want me to do anything that I will probably regret later. But I promise you anything I am about to do...I won't regret it one bit. Fucking one less monkey off my back." I finish saying while shouldering past him.

Jason sighs but remains quiet as we both entered into the five star hotel. "Alex how in the hell can your mother afford to stay in this nice ass hotel? Wasn't she in rehab just recently broke as hell?" I nod my head. It's more clear now that Emma is into something. This kind of shit right here is why I don't trust the dirty bitch. "Right" I respond back as we walked right past the stuttering receptionist.