Chapter Fourteen

*Dani*

  "You two know eachother?" I asked staring at Sam and Jackson.

  "Your here," Jackson said.

  "I came back," Sam said crossing his arms. "Something you didn't do."

  "I couldn't," Jackson said. "Not after what happened."

  "That wasn't your fault," Sam yelled. "It was an accident."

  "I know that now," Jackson yelled back. "But I still felt like it was my fault."

  "STOP YELLING AT EACH OTHER," I yelled walking between them. "Now, how do you know eachother?"

  "What on earth is going on here and why are you yelling?" Mama said and I notice her and mom.

  "That's what I'm trying to figure out," I shrugged. "Answers now."

  "We're brothers," Sam said before walking off.

  "I'm an idiot," Jackson groaned dropping into a chair.

  "No your not," Linda said hugging her husband.

  "I'm going after Sam," I said before running out the door. "Sam wait up. Are you okay?"

  "I'll be fine honey," he smiled and I hugged his arm. "It just caught me off guard seeing him after so long."

  "How long has it been?" I ask curiously.

"Thirty-two years," Dam sighed. "At my daughter's funeral."

  "What happened?"

  "He was taking her to her dance lessons when they got hit by a drunk driver. She didn't stand a chance."

  "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

  "It fine," Sam said.

  "Is that why you call Mama your second daughter?"

  "Yes," Sam said smiling. "She reminded me so much of Lilly."

  "Really?"

    "When I first saw her she looked so lost," Sam smiled. "I just felt like she needed to be protected."

  "Well I've always thought of you as a grandpa," I smiled.  "Besides Mama and Daddy love you."

  "That's because I've always been there when they needed someone to talk too."

  "I never really understood that," I said. "Even when Dad would wake up yelling when I was little I remember him calling you."

  "He was going through a hard time,"

  "Why?"

  "You should ask him," Sam said before he was shoved forward.

  "SAM!" I yelled before someone grabbed my arm.

  "Well aren't you pretty," a man said and I looked at him. "I'm going to have fun with you."

  "What do you want?" I asked.

  "Payback," he said. "Your boyfriend destroyed my life."

  "Wait...Carter?" I said confused.

  "Dani, is everything alright?" I quickly glanced over when I heard Becca.

  "Everything's fine," I said. "Can you go get Daddy and tell him...Advertir de coches, tatvaje de la serpiete.(Warn Car, snake tattoo)"

  "Si(yes)," Becca said running off.

  "Let's go," the man said as I watched Becca disappear into the diner.

  "Who are you?" I asked trying to buy time.

  "That's not going to work," he said and the last thing I heard was someone yelling my name.

*Carter*

  "Dani's in trouble," Rebecca yelled as soon as she fell threw the diner door.

  "What do you mean baby?" Brice asked.

  "I saw her down the sidewalk and Sam was on the ground. Dani was talking to one guy while the other was holding her. I asked if everting was alright..."

  "What did she say?" I asked.

  "Warn Car, snake tattoo." Becca said.

  "Son of a..." I growled running out the door in time to see Dani being put in a van. "DANI!"

  "Sam," Kylie and Zane yelled running after the man on the ground.

  "Carter," Brice said.

  "He just made this personal," I growled.

{Qulessons"Love And Hate Are Two Of The Most Powerful Emotions. It Can Make You Or Break You." -?}