Chapter 18

"Viktor, stop this!" Angel snapped as he literally dragged her behind him, his footsteps much longer than her own.

He suddenly paused and she smacked into his side.

"How many cups of tea did you drink, Angel?" He asked.

She caught her breath before staring up at him as if he had lost his mind. "Why? What's the matter with you?"

He turned toward her and shook her, catching her completely off guard. "How many cups did you drink, woman!"

"Two, only two!" She managed through shocked lips.

"I told you to stay away from her and you undermined my authority completely by disobeying me!"

"I do not think she is the culprit, Viktor, she does not seem lik-," he cut her off, "She is not as innocent as you think she is. Have you noticed the vulnerability around here, the sudden urge to want nothing more than to protect her? That is an act! The woman is a better actress than any thespian on the stage! You will stay away from her!" Viktor said with nothing but venom in his voice.

She nearly shrank back under his scrutiny but refused to be intimidated instead. She raised her chin high, "I think you are wrong."

"It does not matter anymore for tonight, after I am done with you, you will never want to see that woman's face again." He said with a sudden newfound calm.

Angel stared up at him with wide eyes, "You will not beat me Viktor...I'll hate you, I wasn't joking when I said that."

"Then hate me if you must but your safety is more important than your rebelliousness."

She was speechless at his words. He took that opportunity to drag her toward the dining hall. He sat her in the seat beside his.

She stayed silent all throughout dinner, ignoring the guests who occupied the seats. Estelle did not show up and Viktor's Aunt said nothing to her.

Viktor conversed with everyone, his demeanor calm and collected yet on the inside he was boiling over.

When he could take no more stalling he stood, grabbing Angel by the arm and pulling her up, "If you'll excuse us, my wife and I would like to retire for the evening."

Angel's heart was pounding in her chest as he pulled her along behind him. For the first time since she had met him she was truly terrified of him. She had never been hit before, she had never even had a spanking as a child.

Her lungs felt as if they were going to collapse when he pushed her inside their bedroom, closing the door behind him. She flinched when the door clicked.

Her chest was heaving as adrenaline coursed through her veins.

"Are you scared?" Viktor mumbled against her ear. She stiffened up entirely.

"I have nothing to be scared of," she lied quickly.

Viktor tugged her closer to him before tilting her chin up and kissing her. She had not been expecting that and she found herself staying stiff in his arms, though his kiss sent pleasurable waves to her center.

He pulled away and smirked. The look on her face was one filled with confusion. He urged her to turn around before undoing the buttons on her dress. She went to protest but was quickly distracted by his hands moving over her skin, pulling the dress down her shoulders and past her waist until it fell into a heap on the floor around her feet. His hands worked at her undergarments, pulling them off one after the other until she was standing naked before him. He ran his hands down her sides and stopped at her hips before nodding to the bed.