#56 Classmate (part 2)

You stepped up to the front door, reaching your hand out and knocking twice. You moved back and forth, balancing on your heels then on your tip toes. You didn't know why you were nervous, but you couldn't help it.

Suddenly, the door was pulled open by a familiar face.

"hey" Thomas smiled kindly and opened the door further. "Come in"

You stepped inside the house, looking around as you did so. "hi.." You traveled the house with your eyes, taped up boxes filled the empty areas, there were no pictures nor belongings and the only visible source of decor was a red velvet sofa with a small dark wood coffee table In front of it.

"Sorry.. my house is really empty at the moment, we're still unpacking" He said rubbing the back of his neck anxiously.

"its fine" You smile slightly then follow Thomas as he walks up the stairs leading to his bedroom.

Once you both stood in the center of his room you yet again looked around. You could almost hear the silence echoing around the room, bouncing off the bare walls. There was a double sized bed sitting in the corner of the room, a small red rug in the center of the room, a desk pressed against the left wall and multiple boxes pilled up on the floor.

The walls were a dull beige color and there was a small peel open window on the other end of the room.

You walked in slowly, looking around, examining every small detail. You peeled up the window, peeking your head out and looking at the neighborhood. There were several trees everywhere and the grass was a dull yellow-green.

"like i said, really empty.." He said sighing and sitting on the edge of his bed, making an indent into the covers.

"No its fine, its really nice actually" You said pulling your head back inside the room and smiling. You closed the window shut and switched the latch to lock it.

"its an old house" He smiled back at you slightly.

"so... the homework.. lets get started"

Once you guys had worked for at least a couple hours now and it was starting to rain. It was getting dark out and you couldnt help but yawn.

"I uh- i should get home" You said yawning.

"Yeah.. its getting late.." He nodded and sat up straight, stretching slightly as he did so.

You got up nodding and you packed your things into your backpack you had brought to his house. It began to pour heavily outside, like a thunderstorm, and you were just in a t-shirt.

You and Thomas walked downstairs to the door together, Thomas's hair was ruffled and screwed up but you happened to think it was cute.

You opened the door slightly and nodded. "well uh thanks for letting me over"

"anytime.." He bit his lip nervously and he just nodded.

You began to walk out, you stepped into the rain and felt the large drops smash onto your skin. There was a sudden rumble of thunder that made you jump but you tried to ignore it. Your clothes almost instantly became soaked and you soon were drenched in the rain water. The ground was muddy and the wind seemed to growl.

You heard a distant voice call out to you so you looked behind you. You were surprised to see Thomas running out to you. He was already getting drenched as well and his white t-shirt became see through, sticking to his chest and stomach.

He finally approached you fully, staring at you for a minute and taking a second to admire your beauty.

"i uh-" he looked like he had something important to say but he couldnt spit the words he wanted to speak out of his lips. "thanks for being my friend" He nodded, replacing the words he wished to say with words of lies.

"no problem.." You nodded awkwardly.

You both stared at each other for a second, taking in your surroundings and standing in the middle of a storm.

"Uh.. Do you wanna come back in? Maybe we can watch a movie or something.." he said still staring at you, his now wet hair draping over his face. "I just dont really want you to leave"

you smiled slightly and blushed cutely while nodding. "I'd like that"

he smiled brightly and held his hand out to you. "lets get back inside"

And with that, you both walked back inside the empty house with your hands locked.

You knew right then and there, this relationship, was special.