Chapter 44: Decisions

October, 1st Thursday

(Y/n) still tried to wrap her head around Ryo's ability to discover her actions before she could even execute them. "See ya in a few hours (Y/n), come on Saki, don't mope." Lala took her sister by the arm and forcibly led her out of the room before she could fully protest.

"Bye girls..." The female heard the familiar click of the door to indicate her friends' absence and announce for the mobile phone to ring. 'Right on cue...' The girl resentfully held the device in reluctance to answer the ongoing ringing, until eventually accepting the call.

"Hey (Y/n), are you doing good this morning?" The girl grunted as she recognised the artist behind the phone.

"I don't know, why don't you as Summer that?" The male slightly cringed at the intended sarcastic irony and frowned from the girl's harsh tone.

"Unless it's you, I don't care for anyone else's wellbeing." The girl bitterly huffed and clenched her hands into fists at the lacking concern over the boy's conscience.

"What do you want, I don't feel like talking to you?" Bako mordantly grunted.

"I just wanted to know you're doing alright."

"I'm fine, are we done?" She impatiently tapped her index against the surface of the nightstand, awaiting the boy's response.

"What if we're not? Are you going to hang up on me again?" (Y/n) spitefully grunted at the reminder of the consequences. "So, have you though about what you're going to do tomorrow?" Bako changed the subject and returned to the question that had been infecting his thoughts since the start.

"Yes..."

"So you'll come back." There was a tone of excitement in the boy's voice and a child-like expectancy towards his question.

"No..." The cheered atmosphere that had been emitting from the other end of the phone died out for silence to take place.

"...That's not a very good idea (Y/n), you know what will happen if you don't." The girl was grievingly reminded of what she should expect out of her reluctance. "I trust you to make the right choice, I'm so excited to have you back." The unequivocal attitude returned to the male's voice, annoying the female with his naive manners.

"I said I'm not coming back."

"I know, I know...but let's pretend that by some circumstances you do end up coming back, how would you like your room decorated?" The male giddily asked her while evidently smiling with his whole body, to show his motivated spirit.

"I'm not coming back..."

"Because we have two guest rooms but you could take the larger one: it's right next to mine and it has its own bathroom with a shower so you'll have some privacy." The girl irritably sighed, realising he wasn't listening to her.

"Bako, stop..."

"It has a good view on the garden and it's very nicely furnished, I think it might be to your taste."

"Bako no."

"Or...you could stay in my room again if you want, I won't mind sharing a bed with you-" The boy soothingly glided his vocals through to the girl's ear, causing a tingle to go through the female's spine.

"I said I'm not coming back, so you can stop keeping your hopes up." There was a disapproving exhale from the other side of the receiver.

"Then what are you going to do?"

"Anything, but what you expect me to." A small chuckle was heard from the boy.

"Alright then, amuse me and show me what you've got in store. Bye (Y/n)." The connection was ended as the male hung up on the girl.