Chapter 18 - Tuesday (II)

I got in the car and my driver drive back to the Rodgers. It was 5:00 so some cast members would be there. I got out of the car and thanked my driver, Stewart, and walked inside carefully. I could hear people getting ready, obviously not Leslie, he gets ready 5 minutes prior. I walked upstairs past several dressing rooms and finally made it to the safety of my room. I sunk into my bean bag chair and cried. Everything was coming back. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I can't deal with it. I did homework for a half hour before I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey! Can I come in?" Lin asked through my bedroom door.

"Yeah! Sure." I responded

"Hey so, I just got a call from one of the ladies who sells merch, Christi, and she can't make it tonight, something came up, would you be willing to do the thing? We could pay you."

"Oh, yeah, sure, I'd love to." I replied not looking up from my paper.

"Why were you home an hour late? It's not a big deal, but why?" 

"I'm tutoring a kid at my school in math. Tuesday's and Fridays, from 4-5."

"Are you ok? Did something happen?" He asked squating down to eye level with me. I could see his eyes widen as he saw my black eye from earlier, when Nicks friend hit me. "Oh my gosh! What happened?!" He asked, kind of freaking out.

"Nothing. Nothing happened. I'm fine. It was just some of Nicks old friends. I'm fine." I think I said that more as a reassurance to me rather than to Lin, I don't think I was fine. I'm not fine.

"Ok, no. First of all, something happened. Second of all, who specifically? Who specifically did this?"

"Sam Johnston and Luke Simmons. It's fine, they were just upset, it's not a big deal."

"So when these kids are upset they punch girls? Really? That's low. That's really low. I don't care what their reasoning was. That's just wrong."

"I'll be fine, I don't pass them in the hall or anything, I've only ran into them twice all year, I doubt it will happen again."

"Yeah, I'm not letting happen again. I will come into school with you tomorrow. I'm not going to let you get beat up by some kids who are still pissed at you because they're friends with Nick, and he has issues. They are not going to hurt you again. I promise." 

"Ok. You don't have to."

"Oh but I do. I do have to, because this is not going to continue. Not when I can stop it."

"What time should I be downstairs to help? When do doors open?" 

"In a half hour. At 6:00, show starts at 7:00, it should be easy, I have to go, answer mail, do some writing, make some phone calls, holy crap life never does stop does it?" With that he left. I don't know how I feel about what happened at school, I guess I agree, guys shouldn't sink to a position where they're going to hit girls, and I didn't do anything, their reasoning was skewed and that's all they stood on, those scumbags.

After a half hour I walked downstairs to help with selling merchandise, I put makeup on my eye, covering it slightly, not fully succeeding but making it much less noticeable. I didn't want other people to freak out like Lin did when he saw. I sold merchandise for an hour and saw some people that I'm pretty sure were famous, I'm really not connected with those sorts of things so I wasn't quite sure. You can kind of tell because everyone around them is shocked to see them. Most of the people were really excited and into the fact that they were seeing Hamilton. 

After the show started I sat down in a chair in the lobby and finished some of my homework. The show ended around 9:00 when people came pouring out of the auditorium talking very loudly, I went back backstage to go up to my room. I saw some of the cast freaking out about some people who were in the audience, I guess they were famous. 

I walked through the crazy dressing room areas and returned to the safety of my room. When, of course someone knocked. 

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure"

"Ok thanks," Lin came in for the second time that night, "what time does your school start tomorrow?"

"9:00, you really don't have to do this."

"I'm going to, what they're doing is low and will not continue. Good night!"

"Good night!"

Hiya! Sorry this is like 3 days late, I am very very lazy and pathetic!

Thanks for reading!

- Abi