Chapter 3

Chapter 3

You can put money on anything, you could try and tweak the future, you can make predications, estimations, you can gamble, but you'll never really know until you get there.

Wednesday

"So you're really going through with this?" Jess asked skeptically.

It's been three days since the party. Two days since Harry appeared at my work. And it's been two days since I've heard from the demeaning boy. He hasn't contacted me about where he's taking me. I'm not even sure if he's going through this─ and I am fine with that.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?"

My voice was muffled from my head resting on my arms, on my top of my glass writing table. I was on my computer when Jess asked if she could come over.  Ever since I texted her Monday, she's been worried about leaving me alone too long. I've also had to notify my dad that I was going on a...date. I swear he was going to pass out in our kitchen. I haven't told him who it is, and he hasn't asked. Come to think of it he hasn't been home since lunch yesterday.

Jess stays quiet lying on the bed, and I can tell she's thinking of a plan because she has that look. I have half a mind to tell her to stop, that it won't work anyway. Harry's unpredictable; that was proven the other day. I have no doubt that if I try to wiggle free from tonight, he can find me.

"You know..." I roll my head to the side in order to properly hear what Jess is hinting at, "He's kind of eye-catching."

I snap my eyes to hers but they're closed. I cannot believe my ears; is she suggesting that Harry ─whose last name I've learned is Styles─ is attractive?

"Uh, sure if a creepy, stalker, demanding bastard is your type, then yeah he's. But that's the point! He isn't my type; I don't even have a type!" I screech, sarcastically.

I stand from my chair and move to lay on my comforter at the foot of the bed, my hair dangling off the end. My mind has been in circles since I got off work Monday; I'd ask myself the same questions over and over, but end up with no answers. It's quite frustrating to ponder on the same subject all day and night. And no matter how hard my friends try to understand, they can't. I don't blame them because I don't even comprehend what Harry wants with me either.

I haven't had a suitable conversation with Brandy yet. She knows what she did though, Jess told her, but she hasn't come around yet. I think she's afraid that I'll bark her for even speaking with Harry, but not sure what I'll say.

"So what are you going to wear?" Jess changes the subject.

"I don't even know where he's taking me!" I huff.

"Well, I'm starving. Do you have any of that chicken from last night?" She jumps off the bed, and I follow in suit.

"Mhm. Bottom shelf on the ri─" I'm cut off by a buzzing on my bedside table. "Hey! I'll be down in a minute." I yell after her, who's already down the stairs.

I unlock the device, and opened the message.

From: H

Change of plan, I'm coming at six. Wear something sexy. x

My breathe hitches in my throat at the words. I check the time stated at the top of the screen. 5:30. I don't bother replying, and throw the phone on the bed, and then sitting myself on the edge. I sunk my head down in my hands.

This is going to be a long night.

***

Jess helps me with choosing an appropriate outfit that is more pretty than sexy. It's a clingy blue top, with a scoop neckline. Then I fitted in a pair of too skinny, skinny jeans, and converses. I keep my make up light, even though Jess begs me to let her do it. The bruise has faded away, so a applied a bit of foundation over it, and plaited my hair to the side.   

We pulled all this off in thirty minutes, oppose to the hour and a half that I was planning for. Harry didn't text me anymore after the one, and I haven't bothered to look at the screen either.

Jess informs me that it's two till six whilst watching the cars go by, waiting for one to stop. My palms started to sweat as I rub them together nervously. I quickly gathered my phone, money and keys in my small cross body bag. I can faintly heat a car pulling up and a door slamming.

"Okay, he's walking up to the door," Jess observes before twirling to face me. "Call if you need anything. I'll be thinking of you the whole time."

I embrace my friend in a hug, but jump back when the doorbell rings. I silently plead for Jess to help me, but the bell shrills again. I groan but Jess pushes me out the door, staying behind in my room. I hopped down the stairs by two, afraid that if keeping him waiting any longer will upset him.

Hastily, I pulled open the doorway, only to be thrust back before I could even blink.

"Finally."

+++++

I just realized how short this is.... oh well! I like this chapter and I hope you do too!

Tell me what you think!!?!!

BIG NEWS: ON ONEDIRECTIONFANFICTION.COM I HAVE REACHED OVER 1000 READS IN 9 CHAPTERS!

I really hope that I can get that on here, but only with your help!

-A xxx