Polaroid

Who knew. Love was a Polaroid.

How the hell does one find a way to compare good ol' love to a camera?

Maybe because it seems so much better when in pictures. When seeing a picture of two people so madly in love with each other, just looking into each other's eyes. You could kind of feel all that emotion.

Especially if you were one of those two people in the picture.

But we should all know, even if it seems so fucking perfect in pictures. It's so, so hard to keep. And you may think it'll fill that hole. But it never does.

It will never fill that empty desolate void within you. Your heart shows you things you want. Not need.

Love is a Polaroid.

It is, go ahead and think: Well how the fuck would you know anything about love?

I guess maybe I would know since she still ghosts through my mind every night. Haunting me with those beautiful eyes.

She was so mature, calm, always so composed. But, sometimes she dropped that mature act around me. She'd let out a smile or a small giggle.

She was so perfect in my eyes.

But then I was seemingly the opposite.

I was reckless, she plans things out and thinks before she does.

I was almost always late, she was always exactly on time.

I was more adventurous, she preferred to stay in familiar places.

But opposites attract right?

Sure it may seem untrue, since you won't have anything in common.

But then it's what's different that would intrigue you. You would want to know everything about that different person. You'd want to understand how the fuck they think. You would be so interested in that certain person's differences, and at the same time.

You might find a few similarities.

And those differences and similarities, bring you closer to that person. So close until --- you might never want to let go.

But once you're so close, there's obstacles in the way you must go through together. Still holding tightly onto each other, never daring to let go.

It seems so easy, so perfect in pictures. You probably would've never guessed that one day, you'd be torn away from that person.

And that person tore away a piece of you in the process.

Leaving you torn, hurt. That feeling of your aching heart, as you feel it twist, and squeeze. It's agonizing. Causing you to walk around like a dark raincloud follows you everywhere.

And that heart that was once twisted and squeezed, the one that was once in pain. It suddenly forms an iron shield around it. You feel nothing, it helps block all those threatening feelings that make it beat faster.

It tells you to use your God damn brain and not that idiotic heart. That iron shield protects you from heart wrenching pain you never want to feel again.

So you'll never feel it be squeezed, twisted, hurt. All of that pain is gone.

You have a heart of iron.

Because love is a fucking Polaroid.

A/N: This is the most I guess poetic I've ever been. I don't know what came out of me right then, but yeah. It's not great, but hey its the best I might ever do. And I got most of it from a song.

._.

I just felt like making a new story.