Chapter 5 - Friends

Draco and Harry were rolling around in the snow on top of one another, laughing and giggling. They stopped abruptly, breathing heavily, and just stared at each other.

Harry took in Draco's beauty, his face and beautiful eyes, which wondered down Harry's face and eventually stopped, lingering on his lips.

It was in that moment Harry knew what he wanted. He lent down ever so gently, and slowly, slowly drew his lips closer and closer to the Slytherin's own.

He hovered above Draco's lips, his breath teasing them as he neared and closed the gap.

Harry was shaken awake by Ron, who was babbling loudly. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and groaned as the last reminisants of his dream left him feeling empty and drained.

Wait. He'd just had a dream. A dream about Malfoy. A dream where he was about to...

Oh god, oh god no. This wasn't happening. No. It was his subconscious. Of course it was. He and Malfoy were enemies...Weren't they?

Harry was dragged from his panicked thoughts by Ron who was talking very fast and who's face was suddenly in front of him, alarmingly close.

"Mate! Are you listening to me? You overslept! We have to go! Get dressed now, we have Divination in two minutes!"

Harry scrambled out of bed and pulled on his clothes, quickly washing his face and grabbed his wand from his bedside table before following Ron down the stairs to the common room.

He and Ron had finally made up after the first task, to Harry's relief. He was slowly becoming lost without his best friend, and he had missed him, lots.

"Trelawney's gonna kill us, Harry," Ron said, as they hurried up the millions of staircases that connected the Hogwarts corridors.

"I think you mean, she's gonna predict our deaths, rather than kill us herself," Harry corrected him, as they ran through the lengthy hallways.

"Blimey, Hermione's gonna do her nut," Ron sighed, looking at Harry with a defeated expression.

They had reached the trap door and pulled it open, revealing the ladder that led into the stuffy classroom.

Both boys climbed it steadily, Ron emerging first, Harry following behind.

Trelawney was stood talking at the front of the room, eyeing the class with her spectacles that magnified her eyes by a thousand times.

She looked over at Ron and Harry, widening her eyes at the newcomers who had disturbed her lesson.

Ron and Harry both mumbled a quiet "Sorry, Proffessor," before taking their places beside Hermione, who had a look of thunder plastered on her face.

However the professor didn't seem to hear them, as she had gone back to telling the class about the 'inner eye' and dream interpretation.

"Where have you two been?" Hermione whisper-shouted to both boys, as they looked away sheepishly.

"At least you have the dignity to look a slight bit embarrassed!" she huffed, her whisper growing louder, and her expression becoming stonier, if both were even possible.

"Calm down, 'Mione! Harry slept in, it wasn't my fault!" Ron told her, exasperated.

Harry glared at him and gave him a look, before turning to Hermione and said, "Hermione, I'm sorry, okay, it was an accident, now would you please calm down, for Merlin's sake!"

She gave each boy a death glare before turning to pay her attention to Trelawney, but both Harry and Ron knew she wasn't the slightest bit interested in what the professor had to say.
__________________________