Chapter 7 - The Second Task

Harry woke up in his four-poster bed feeling groggy. He buried his head in his pillow, feeling unbelievably tired.

In a rush, the previous night flooded back to him and a wide grin spread over his face, and he felt a blush creep up to his cheeks.

He bit his lip to stop himself smiling like a lunatic, but he couldn't help it.

He dressed quickly, and headed out of the portrait hole to breakfast, all the while unable to keep a dorky grin off his face.
__________________________

"What's gotten you in a good mood this morning?" Ron asked Harry as they pushed the doors open to the great hall.

They were hit with the chatter and buzz of the student body, conversations mingling with others.

Harry bit his lip. "Nothing, I'm just feeling really happy today," he said, anxious that Ron would keep pressing him for an answer.

Ron narrowed his eyes at him, searching for something; a sign that would tell him Harry was lying.

After pausing for a few moments, Ron eventually said, "Something's up with you. I know it. I can sense it."

Harry laughed. "Is that supposed to scare me?"

"No, it's supposed to be a warning, you prat," Ron replied, grinning.

"A warning? For what?" Harry asked, as the two crossed the hall to the Gryffindor table.

Harry squeezed in between Hermione and Neville, Ron sitting opposite. Hermione was leafing through a transfiguration textbook that Harry hadn't seen before.

Ron grabbed his fork and stabbed it into a sausage, before chewing loudly.

"I simply want you and her to be happy," Ron continued, referring to Harry's unanswered question.

Harry chocked on his pumpkin juice, spraying it over Hermione, who gave him a 'can-you-not-I'm-trying-to-read' look. However her head sprang up when she processed what Ron had just said.

"Her? Who's her? Harry? Oh, Merlin, are you seeing someone?" Her torrent of questions spilled out of her mouth, a smile spread over her features.

Harry coughed, recovering from his choking session, and looked both of them in the eye.

"Listen, I'm—"

"But, Harry! What about the second task?" Hermione sounded exasperated. You do know that it's in two months, and you haven't even figured out the clue, because you're seeing someone!" She was hissing at him by this point.

Harry reeled back, caught off guard by her outburst. He hadn't given a second thought to the tournament since before Christmas. He was too caught up in everything. Too caught up in Draco. Draco.

"'Mione, calm down," Ron said. "He still has two more months!"

"I don't care, Ron! Harry, snap out of it!" Hermione said from next to him. "You must find out the clue today, otherwise who knows what could happen in the task!"

Harry nodded, partly because she was right, and partly because he wanted her to shut up. He looked down at his plate, a new feeling spreading inside him. He was panicking. How was he ever going to find out the clue?

He looked at his best friends; Ron had gone back to attacking the sausage. Harry was glad he hadn't asked any more questions about the 'girl', although he knew that would be coming later.

Hermione was flipping through her textbook once again, but Harry knew she wanted to say more on the subject of the second task.

He hardly had an appetite now, for the sickness he had gotten used to for the past months has made its presence known once again, settling in the pit of his stomach.