chapter 20

Percy pov-

When we get back to Avengers tower I go up to my room. I don't want the Avengers to see how shaken I am from the events that occurred earlier.

I walk over to my full length mirror and look at the fresh bruises on my neck. They're in the shape of fingers, so it's obvious that someone tried to strangle me. I put a hoodie that Wanda lent me on, so it isn't as noticeable.

I go to my bed and lay down under the covers. Resting my head on the pillow, I grab my phone from my bag and plug in my earbuds to listen to some music.

Some time later i must have fallen asleep because I'm waking up to the sound of a knock.

"Percy, are you alright" Peter's voice comes through the door

"Yeah" unfortunately my voice cracks and he can probably tell that I'm lying.

"Can I come in?" He asks

"No"

"Open the door Percy" He says "please"

"No"

"If you don't I'll have to do something drastic" He says threateningly.

"Im not letting you in" I tell him stubbornly.

"Then you leave me no choice" He says and I can hear him walk away from the door

I wait for a few minutes before putting my earbuds back in and closing my eyes. I am about to fall asleep again when I hear a knock on my window.

I walk over and move away the curtain.

It's Peter in his weird spider suit. I open the window.

"What are you doing?" I ask

"Doing something drastic" He says before grabbing my hand and pulling me out the window and wrapping an arm around my waist

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!"  I yell as I wrap my arms around him and hold on for dear life.

"I told you to open the door" He says as he starts using webs to swing us from builthrough the streets. I squeeze my eyes shut because I'm scared.

"Open your eyes" He tells me

I frantically shake my head "no"

"Why?"

"I'm scared" I admit and he laughs

"You have nothing to fear. Your friendly neighbor Spiderman is here" he says laughing

"So that's your superhero name?" I ask, opening my eyes to look at him "Spiderman?"

"Yup"

"How creative" I say sarcastically

He mumbles something under his breath before telling me "hold on tight"

"What" I ask nervously

His grip on my waist loosens and I freak out a little. He eventually let's go completely and I start to lose my hold on him. I fall

I can't even scream. I look at him with complete panic as everything moves in slow motion.

I see him diving toward me and he wraps is arms around me, tighter than before and I wrap my arms around him again.

"I told you. You have nothing to be afraid of when I'm around"

"Tell that to my heart. I think it stopped beating" I say

"I told you to hold on"

"You could have warned me that you were letting me go" I say

"I might let go, but always remember that I will never let you hit the ground" He says "But anyway, you opened your eyes"