Hallows Eve

Chapter 26: Hallows Eve
-Bex p.o.v.-

"So how exactly did you create two patronus' at once?" Sirius asked again. We were gathered around on James' bed, talking about the date.

I sighed and dumbed it down for the boys, talking as of to a young child. "Very old and very wise man said that wizards destined for great things have special things about them. You get a protector, the lion. He is your protector and guider. He should lead you down the path you must take. He comes out as a patronus because your destiny will be one of the best things to happen to you. I have my patronus, the dog, and I have a protector, the lion."

"Are they always lions?" Remus asked. He seemed very into what I was saying and wanted to know as much as possible.

"No, your protector is what animal you feel safest around." I shrugged.

James looked at me strangely, "you feel the safest around a full grown, male lion?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I guess I always just pictures them as the protectors of the wildlife. They are the kings of the jungle. You know; tall, majestic, smart," I shrugged.

"I guess that makes since, but you would think that it would be a kitten or something, less dangerous, maybe." Sirius said with a chuckle.

"The more dangerous, the better it protects," I smirked.

"That's true," Remus nodded, agreeing with me.

* * * * *
"Hey Peeves." I smiled at the ghost.

"Morning Captain." He saluted, gliding through the air next to me. "Only one day until Halloween, are you ready?"

I smirked at him, "course I am, when aren't I? It's Halloween, the sacred holiday of scares. I'm always ready to scare and prank."

Peeves nodded. "I heard that the Marauders were planning something big."

I chuckled, "trust me, those boys are good with pranks, but nothing they do can compare with The Legendary Halloween Prank." I smirked, "I've been planning this prank for two weeks. You know how much work I put into Halloween."

Peeves grinned wickedly, "I can't wait."

"It's gonna be good." I grinned walking into the great hall.

"Farewell Captain!" He gave a wicked looking grin, his eyes holding a crazy look in them.

I chuckled, watching as he flew through a Hufflepuff's chest and disappeared through the brick walls, leaving the girl shrieking. I laughed at the scene, gaining the attention of Minnie.

"Dumbledore!" She called. "You are not to influence Peeves to do anything." She grumbled to me.

"I didn't do anything!" I defended myself. "He did that all by himself, I only found funny, I didn't know it was against the rules to laugh."

She glared at my smirk. "Detention."
I smirked wider, "giving me detention isn't going to stop the Halloween prank."

"I figured," she sighed, making me smirk grow. "You still have detention."

"I figured." I mocked with a chuckle. "See you after dinner Minnie." I called over my shoulder and went to the Slytherins.

"Detention? This late at night?" Severus shook his head at me.

I shrugged, "not that surprising."

He chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Happy Hallows Eve." He added as an afterthought.

I grinned, my eyes shinning with happiness. "Thanks."

"Your hair is yellow." Regulus pointed to my hair.

I looked down and saw that the tips were a bright, sunshine yellow, as if I had dip-dyed them. The color disappeared as soon as it had appeared. "I hate the color yellow." I frowned.

"Why?" Lucius asked.
"It's just so happy and bright. Nobody's that happy all the time. I don't want to look at it, it's just disgusting." I frowned, glaring slightly at the thought of the horrid color.

Lucius chuckled, "how dare it," he mocked me.

I rolled my eyes and shoved his shoulder playfully.

"So why did it change?" Regulus asked.

I looked to Severus, "it's able to change with her mood." He explained simply.

"Cool." Regulus nodded easily.

Halloween. My favorite holiday. One created solely for mischief and scarring.

I skipped class, not bothering to go. Today was one of the two days of the year that I spent hours of planning and pranking. The other being April Fools Day.

I walked down the corridors. My wand twirling between my fingers, humming a tune.

"You aren't suppose to be roaming the halls," someone chuckled.

I turned to my left, seeing someone leaning against the wall. "Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow, "I don't really care for what I'm not allowed to do. What's your excuse?"

The boy chuckled. "Same as you I guess." He pushed off the wall, standing at his tallest, well over six foot. The boy was tall and thin, like a pencil. He didn't have much muscle, he was more lean then muscular. His voice was deep, much deeper than the majority of students here. His hair was black, pitch black and his eyes were an icy blue color. His skin was like ivory, he looked like an dark angel. Pale skin, icy eyes, black hair.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I would ask you the same thing, but I already know who you are, Dumbledore." He shrugged and started walking. "You coming?" He questioned over his shoulder.

We ended up by the lake, sitting on a log. "Are you going to tell me your name?" I asked.

"Andrew. Andrew Blake." He was wearing the white button up shirt, with black slacks, but his tie was different. It wasn't like the other house ties, which confused me a little. His tie was mainly black, with thin lines of blue, the only indentation of his house.

"You're in Ravenclaw?" I asked.
He nodded. "Yeah."

I looked at him, interest flashing in my eyes. "Hmm, I've not met many Ravenclaws that like to break the rules."

"Being in Ravenclaw has nothing to do with people breaking rules. Ravenclaw is for those who thrive for knowledge. It doesn't have to be in schoolwork, we all have different interests, it's just how much you work for those interests that puts you in Ravenclaw." Andrew spoke.

"And you have an interest in breaking the rules?" I asked, a smile tugging at the tips of my lips.

"I have an interest in many things." Andrew smirked. "None of them being schoolwork."

I smirked right back.

"So, Dumbledore," Andrew started. "What were you doing in the corridors?"

"Well, Blake," I mocked. "I see that we are on last name basis." He chuckled. "I was cutting class, I have many things to do before tonight."

"Ah, yes, your Halloween Prank." He nodded his head, seeming a little interested.

"How did you know about that? Only teachers I've known all my life and the ghosts know about that, you aren't an eavesdropper are you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Don't flatter yourself. The ghosts warned me."

"And why would they do that?" I asked.

Once again he gave a chuckle, it was deep and dark sounding, very intriguing. "Let's just say, dead things tend to gravitate towards me, they feel the need to please me in any way possible." He raised an eyebrow at me, "the only thing they have recently kept from me is about you. I've told you my secret, why don't you tell me yours."

I looked at him, amusement dancing in my eyes. "Death likes you, huh? Interesting, very interesting. Does this mean even people that have moved on can speak with you?"

He nodded, "I see them. They can come back and forth between the Heavens and the depps of Hell. They aren't like ghosts of course, everyone can see the ghosts, only I can see the spirits. The speak to me, they are everywhere." Andrew said.

"Are they here now?" I asked.

"Yes. Many of them." He pointed just over my shoulder. "There's a woman right behind you, I've noticed that she follows you around a lot. Sometimes a man is with her, mostly the man is there when you're with Potter or the headmaster." He smirked, "they've told me some things."

"Like?" I asked.

"Like you and Potter aren't really going out, just pretending so that Lily Evans will finally say yes to him." He chuckled. "They also told me that it won't make her say yes right away, it's going to take time."

"How do they know that?" I asked.

"They follow you everywhere," he started.

"No not that, about Lily." I interrupted.

"They can sense things about people." He shrugged simply. "The dead pick up things that ordinary people can't."

"And my secrets?"

"They tell me about you. Only bits and pieces. Not a lot, they don't give away much, just what they can." He said.

"Can I trust you with my secrets?" I asked.

"I trusted you with mine, didn't I? If I tell yours, you still have mine to hold against me."

"I can wield fire, it burns inside of me. I have to be careful with my emotions, if I get too mad if just explodes out of me. Sometimes I lose control, I don't know what happens, it just takes over my body."

"Who's your opposite?" He asked.

"Ozzy." I answered simply.

"So that's the Ozzy they always talk about." I looked at him confused and he explained further, "sometimes, they go on about how you should be with Ozzy."

I nodded, "do you know who they are?"

"Yes." He nodded. "But that, I cannot tell you. You have to find out on your own."

"I have another secret." I confessed. "I can change into things. Not just things, I can change."

"How so?" He asked.

"I can change my appearance, into anything, but I can also change into animals, any animal I want." I explained to him.

"That's very interesting," he looked at me. "You know, I don't think I've ever met anyone who the dead like so much, you seem to attract those who can help you. Speaking of which, Fytherley Undercliffe, has been wondering when you would come see him." He added as an afterthought.

"The old headmaster?" I asked confused.

"Yes, he said that you found his tomb, he thinks you should have come and seen him sooner. He wants to know when you'll go see his painting. He has some things he wants to speak to you about." Andrew spoke.

"I'll go see him over the weekend." I decided.

"He'll be happy to hear that." Andrew nodded. "It was nice to finally meet you Dumbledore, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other soon again. Until then, goodbye." He stood and walked away, heading for the forest.

"Wait!" I called after him. He turned momentarily, "you never told me why were you skipping?"

He chuckled deeply. "I was waiting for you."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"The dead sense things, they know what others don't. Remember that, if you need something, I'll always be able to tell." He spoke, disappearing from sight.

--------------
Hey guys! I know it's been forever, school started and decided to give me two papers and tons of homework.
Any fans of Black Veil Brides? I based the character "Andrew Blake" after Andy Biersack, I didn't even change the name, he just seems like an Andy, a dark angel.
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc! Up next is the Halloween prank :D