6. Mansion

The guild rode the train for hours it felt like. They finally made it to the mansion with stumbling feet. They barged in the abandoned home. They searched endlessly. Passing shelves with the most serious expressions as they scanned every last bit of them. Drawers were detected and tables were looked at with the most care, and patience. Finally they found a folder that laid in one of Jude's cabinets. The Heartfilia names pasted the papers of every single relative ending with Lucy Heartfilia at the end, alone. Each person grabbed a paper, and read it carefully. Only natural deaths were found, and no sign of diseases or even the bit of allergic reactions were found.

"Layla Heartfilia... Cause of death, unidentified but some sort of sickness that no one could ever find the cause or cure for even from the most talented doctors... Symptoms... are starting with cold, headaches, dizziness, chest pain, then leads to nausea and other disorders of retract. Abdominal pain, and pain all over the body. Soon the sickness will eat the energy, and all about the person sane. Till the life finally will end. Layla had all of these but kept kind for her family. Show love, and support for all who gain this suffering and all will be a happy end." Erza chocked on her words as she completed the entry aloud for her guild mates to hear.

"This doesn't help us at all!" Natsu shouted with fury, and irritation. Tears filled his eyes, shock covered his friends faces.

"Natsu, cmon there's some way we can save her." Gray consoled putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I-I can't watch it, I won't let her go!" Natsu huffed Grays hand skidding from Natsus shoulder.

"I don't wanna see her suffer..." Levy sobbed.

"We won't let her die like her mother... We'll save bunny girl." Gajeel softly spoke holding Levy close.

"We'll use all our power to help her." Erza assured. Tossing the papers back into the folder, and into the junk they had collected. They searched again not finding the bit of help. All they could do now is hurry home to give her the help they can give. Maybe they'd think of something on the way home? Or find a cure then? They passed the mansions front yard recognizing Layla's grave where Lucy stood not too long ago. Their hearts twisted. They'd only known her for a little more than 2 years if you took away the 7 year gap. That wasn't enough. They'd grew close to her from just that amount of time. This sickness would ruin everything for them. It's scar them. They felt guilty that they felt so pained when Lucy would be hurt the most. Why couldn't they find the cure? Why couldn't this all end...?