Chapter 5

Dedicated Riya_Talreja thanks for always being there. Both in writing and in life. I love you di..

------------------------------------------------

"I am 27, what are you telling? Are you mad or what? Where is my mom and dad and how did you sneak in my room? Nurse?? Nurse!?", Manik shouted completely shaken by the information given by an unknown girl.

An unknown psychotic girl who claims to be his wife.

God he knows he has crazy fans who can drop to any limits to hook up with him but not this. Not thissss.

He mentally shouted to calm himself down. His body still hurts a lot due to the injuries and his sudden outburst didn't do any good.

By now the nurse and the doctor came in. Probably they heard him shouting.

Nandini had moved back to the corner not being familiar with this Manik.

She had always seen him to be the calm, charming perfect guy who understands everyone, gives chances to all, doesn't shout or get angry.

It was always her... The shouting angry insane part who was well handled by the grown and collected Manik.

This Manik, the younger, wilder version who freaks out every minute, shouting as much his lungs can support him was new to her.

She never imagined him to be immaturishhh but here he was sitting on the bed staring wildly at each person in his room and crying out for his mom like his five year old son, as if the others are gonna start torturing him any moment.

Oh God he looks adorable when he is confused and scared. That is a rare, a very rare sight to catch.

Though it was high time for Nandini to be worried about what's gonna happen next given Manik had lost his memory.....

But she couldn't just stop admiring this new baby immature Manik.

The seriousness, the flawlessness was replaced by  carelessness.

"Nandini you okay?", the doctor asked as they found her smiling fondly at her husband.

"Yeah.... I am.", she replied collecting herself.

"How are you feeling Manik?", the doctor turned his attention back to Manik while the nurse adjusted his tubes.

"Better I guess.", Manik replied doubtful about it too.

"The accident in the office left pretty nasty injuries in your body, it is good that you heart was strong and it fought well...... Well your results seem to be okay but we will keep you here for a week or so under observation...", the doctor spoke going through the reports.

He seems okay!!!!!

Nandini screamed in her head but nothing came out of her mouth.

He lost 7 years of his life.

Blank

And you say he is

Okay?!

But before Nandini could jump upon the doctor Manik spoke, "What office are you talking about? I thought I crashed my bike while returning from the concert?"

"Concert? Mr Malhotra there had been a possible terrorist attack in your Malhotra Industries which landed you up here...", the doctor said and Manik stared back at him with a blank look.

"You don't remember?", the doctor asked keeping aside the files and moving towards him.

Manik nodded a no.

"He thinks he is still twenty.", Nandini finally felt blessed to get back her voice.

"Not think, Miss. Am twenty. Its you who thinks am much older!! Come on do I look 27, am so illegally handsome.", Manik spoke with an air of superiority.

"What is the last thing that you remember?", the doctor asked.

"I don't have a clear image of the things but I think I may be getting from college or so....", Manik replied.

"What is the year?", the doctor asked again.

"2009, I think", Manik said.

"Did you guys meet in the year 2009?", the doctor looked at Nandini.

"No I used to stay in India then. I came to Newyork with my brother in 2012 for Nancy's treatment, my brother's wife.", Nandini gave him the information.

"Do you know her?", The doctor shot his question to Manik pointing to Nandini.

"No.", was Manik's brief answer that left a pinch of hurt in both their heart.

Why can't he remember me?

Why can't I remember you?

"Okay....Do want to meet someone? Anyone you would like to be with now that you are sick?", The doctor carefully asked not trying to burst his bubble and leave him hyper ventilating.

"My mother.", Manik replied.

"Okay...  Leah can you please bring in Nyonika?", the doctor directed and the nurse went out to get his mom.

In a few minutes, a boy and a girl rushed towards him and in no time were on him.

The little guy and his bigger sister gave numerous kisses on their daddy dear but all Manik did was shout or rather scream as the kids were jumping on his wounds.

Nyonika and Nandini quickled pulled the dou off their father.

"Shorrly daddy," the two of them replied.

They were too overjoyed by their daddy's return that they forgot about his physical state.

"Daddy?", Manik looked bewildered.

A very uncomfortable silence spread across the room but nothing can stop the two.

Mannat and Ish climbed upon his bed. The boy settled on his lap while the girl threw her little arms around his neck.

"We love you daddy", the little guys spoke as they comfortably stayed with their daddy.

Manik didn't have a single idea as to what was happening.

First Husband

Now Daddy

That too of two

But even in this utter confusions he felt peace and a pleasing warmth spread across him as the duo hugged him and held him close.

He loves them just as he loves Nandini.

He is just yet to realise........

Here goes the next part.

Please do vote and comment. You know it takes me to cloud nine.

Till then happy reading.