Chapter Fifty Four

As much as everyone seemed to want to stay in the clearing with the group of spirits, it was well known that they couldn't stay forever. Nixie, Sirius and Remus bid their friends goodbye while everyone said their respectful goodbyes. The plan was in motion that as long as the spirits of Voldemort and Bellatrix were not possessing a body, that they would meet them in Limbo and take care of them. Which seemed easy enough, but Eleanor had a feeling it wasn't going to be that simple.

Before the spirits were to depart, Eleanor found herself approaching Harry's mother who glanced down at her with a kind smile.

"What is it, dear?" Lily asked after Eleanor didn't say anything right away.

"I ...I was wondering if you could pass a message along for me?" Eleanor said.

"To your mother-"

"No," Eleanor shook her head, ' not to my mother. I've already said my goodbyes to her. It's to Artemis Carrow. I just wanted her to know how thankful I am...how thankful we all were for her...and that I miss her and I'm sorry I couldn't have done more to save her. I didn't know if she crossed over or if she was in Limbo..."

Lily nodded her head. "She crossed over, I can pass your message along."

"Thank you..thank you so much."

"And thank you." Lily told her.

Eleanor looked at her confused. "For what? I didn't-"

"For keeping all the ones we love safe."

When the spirits were gone, Harry was left standing in front of everyone with the stone still in his hand.

"I would ask that if you're going to discard the stone that you do it somewhere else." Firenze suggested.

"I think I'm going to hold onto it for awhile." Harry said. "At least until this mess is over with. Then I'll figure out how to dispose of it properly."

"Are you alright?" Sirius asked him placing his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Harry answered. "I always feel better after seeing them."

"They still have that affect on people." Nixie smiled.

They returned to the castle to see Professor McGonagall waiting on them.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" she asked.

"We did." Harry answered. "Thank you, Professor."

"No need to thank me, Mr. Potter. I'm just hoping this mess can be dealt with as soon as possible."

"So do we Professor." Fred pointed out.

The group was getting ready to head back to Hogsmeade so that they would be able to go home, but before they could go McGonagall requested to speak with Remus.

Eleanor's curiosity was piqued as Nixie and Sirius seemed to be talking among themselves as everyone waited.

"I find it odd..' Eleanor began turning to the twins.

"Find what odd?" Fred said.

"I find it odd that Professor McGonagall asked to speak with Nixie, Sirius and Remus in private."

"Why is it odd?' George asked.

"Well, obviously she's talking to them about something and she doesn't want the rest of the group to know or she would have said it in front of all of us."

"You read into things way too much, Eleanor." George chuckled. "I think you're just worked up because of the whole situation. You heard Dumbledore and the others, they're going to take care of it. We get to go home and return to our...semi- normal lives."

Eleanor smiled before she let out a laugh. "Okay, maybe this entire situation has gone to my head. I just need a full day of no drama."

"That's what we all need."

When Remus reappeared he old everyone that they were good to go before he walked over to Eleanor.

"If you're not busy tonight Ellie, do you mind stopping by the house so that we can discuss something?" he asked her.

Eleanor glanced up at him and nodded. "Sure, Dad."

"Good. Don't forget to pick up those Chocoballs for Marnie, either."

"Merlin, Verity and I were beginning to think something went horribly wrong!" Marnie said as the group arrived back to the joke shop. "What took you guys so long?"

Eleanor looked at her dear friend. "We had to find the stone, Marnie, in the Forbidden Forest. If it weren't for the centaurs, who knows how long it would have taken us."

"I thought Dumbledore would have been more helpful, then again I could see how going to him would probably make it take longer...anyways, what happened? Is everything going to be okay? I need answers here!"

"Well shut up and let us tell you!" Eleanor told her.

Marnie stared at her.

"Sorry," Eleanor said, " long day."

Cedric placed his hand on Eleanor's shoulder before walking towards his wife. "How about I explain it when we get home? I'm sure you're tired and hungry, so let's get you off your feet. We got you chocoballs while we were in Hogsmeade."

"You know me so well!" Marnie smiled.

"Considering we're married, yes, I like to think I know you very well by now, Marnie." Cedric laughed and the two left the shop.

Eleanor turned to Verity. "I hope she wasn't too crazy for you."

Verity grinned at the tired looking woman." She is a very very interesting person. We discussed a lot of things like the sex of the baby, names, and well...it's quite obvious you have a heavy influence on her life, Eleanor. You can tell how close you guys are as friends. It's really sweet. It was a lot of fun hanging out with her. I mean, who else can you discuss a child riding a dragon wearing a knitted jumper?"

Eleanor scratched her head. "I'm confused, was it the child or the dragon wearing the knitted jumper?"