THIRTY-FIVE; TENSE RELATIONS

GOAL: 10 COMMENTS THAT DON'T SAY "UPDATE!"

THIRTY FIVE; TENSE RELATIONS (S3E10)

~

Klaus watched the blonde sleep, noticing her distressed look and wrinkles. He couldn't help but be curious of why she kept tossing and turning all night, her never having the problem when they were together...or perhaps he was a hard sleeper and never noticed. Nevertheless, she was obviously having a terrible nightmare and Klaus was concerned. He grabbed her hand, closing his eyes as he allowed himself into her dream.

It was dark, he noted, and the trees looked large and tall, like haunting monsters ready to attack him. The trees were evil looking, reminding him of a twisted forest in the twilight. The moon shone above him, casting an eerie feeling on the surroundings. He frowned, wondering why Estella dreamt of such a strange place.

In the distance he spotted a flicker of fire, causing him to grow interest. Using his vampire speed, he rushed over to the scene. A wooden building, he presumed to be a church, was engulfed in red-orange flames. They danced in the night, scooping up everything around them to burn with their touch. Klaus realized this was the night in 1864 where soldiers fired upon the small church in Mystic Falls. It was a ploy Katherine planned to escape Klaus.

Klaus turned his head to see many people running fearfully for their lives. He ignored the frantic civilians, trying to find her in the crowds. He figured that she wouldn't be in the mass people around him but somewhere else, somewhere more significant.

Klaus' ears perked when he heard the distant yells coming from her. He was quick to make his way through the town and to the Salvatore Boarding House. There he saw Estella in a big dress and heels inside a carriage with a distressed look on her face.

He realized that this is where she must have went the night he couldn't find her around the house. Klaus nearly went mad when she was gone, only to return safely into his arms the very morning.

Yet, Klaus snapped back into focus when he heard her feet hit the ground from her carriage. He saw her with a worried expression, slipping off her heels to run over to the house. Klaus spotted two bodies on the ground, recognizing them as Damon and Stefan Salvatore once he got closer.

"No!" Estella cried, her knees slamming into the ground once she reached them.

Estella turned their bodies over, hoping for some kind of sign of life. She didn't find any, only two open wounds and blood, so much blood. Estella let a few tears slip as she cradled her younger brother's face in her hands.

"This cannot be!" Estella sobbed out. "You and Damon...you and Damon cannot be dead. You are too young!"

Klaus watched with observant eyes, noticing the large drops of tears falling to the ground in slow motion.

"Please, brothers. Do wake up," Estella begged, clutching their hands.

Klaus started to walk over to her, kneeling down in front of the blonde. Estella's eyes snapped up to his, a look of confusion spreading over her face.

"Klaus?" Estella whispered. "What are you...am I dreaming?"

"Yes, sweetheart," Klaus replied quietly. Estella let a tear slide down her face.