Chapter 2

I slipped into a spot next to Gabriel. "I need your help after school." I said when he looked at me.

"Oh?"

I felt the flush of color hit my cheeks at the curiosity in his eyes. "I sort of asked Mr. Blackbourne out and it might be for the whole weekend depending on how he and Dr. Sean interpret what I did and meant." I admitted.

Gabriel grinned and reached out to tuck my hair back behind my ears. "Good for you Trouble."

"You think so Meanie?"

"Yes." He nodded. "He's been on the same page with all of us but yet still holding back from you because of how seriously he's taken this school thing." He said, leaning forward to drop a rather chaste kiss on my lips. "This is the right way to start off summer."

"Okay." I said, smoothing the skirt of the dress down and bit my lower lip for a moment. I'd been spending so much time with them this past school year but the thought and shock of finally having summer freedom was starting to feel a little overwhelming. "I've never had a summer vacation really." I said. "Usually we were locked up in the house all the time unless I went walking and last year we packed up and started moving right after school ended."

"But you didn't move in until mid-August." Kota looked puzzled, having overheard what I was saying.

"Yeah, well, we drove to a few spots. They ... well... she wasn't happy with houses in different areas and his job did have a few different options for him as far as places to settle down and work out of." I said. "School got out a bit later too so it was about 6 weeks of traveling around."

"Huh." Kota blinked and pushed his glasses up on his nose. "Interesting." He smiled at me and settled on my other side. "So you might not be spending the weekend after all?" he asked.

I shrugged slightly. "Not sure, if that's okay. I think I'd at least like to suggest that we all have Sunday brunch together. Maybe we could have a family meeting?" I suggested, tilting my head to study him. He was the leader of the boys and I couldn't help at times but feel as though I'd slipped in somehow above that. Mr. Blackbourne had once asked and enlisted my help in helping him keep the family together. And as I was the center of most everything, it almost felt like being Wendy in Peter Pan. I was meant to be the mother figure to my Lost Boys. I guess that sort of meant Mr. Blackbourne as the 'head' of the family was the father figure or even Peter Pan. But that would make me giggle if I thought about it too long, he was definitely more like John, Wendy's brother and Dr. Green was definitively Peter Pan.

He nodded. "I think we can work that out no matter what is happening. We need to set out a few goals for the summer, plan some time off together..." He smiled, leaning forward to kiss my cheek. "Work out some schedules for group things as well as the one on one time with you we've all gotten used to."

I smiled. "That would definitely be nice." I said before looking back at Gabriel, who'd been quiet but perked up at the idea of scheduling out time and things to do. "So. I do need your help, Meanie." I said. "I should pack a bag just in case he shows up tonight after my ultimatum of sorts that I laid down."

He chuckled. "Just what did you say, Sang?"

I shrugged. "I just reminded him that in 3 and a half hours he wouldn't be my teacher anymore." I said. "And that as far as I knew I was free all weekend."

He grinned, tugging a lock of my hair free before smoothing it back. "And he should also know that." He teased. "We'll pack you a bag. I'll go over things with you, a few make up tips if you should choose to add a little while you're with him."

"Thank you." I said. "I guess I should also be asking you if we'll have enough free time early next week to go shop again. I think most everything will work for summertime wear and still fits but..." I grimaced. "He has a different standard, don't you think?" I asked softly, my eyes meeting his.

Gabriel's eyes softened. "And you'd like to dress at times a bit more to please him." He guessed before nodding slightly. "He had dressed a bit more formal this school year. I think you'll see that relax a bit more now that it's over but he does ... yeah, he doesn't dress as casually as we do." He nodded again. "We'll put some things together, Trouble." He tilted his head. "Do you have anything in mind?"

I nodded. "I have a dress I've been holding on to." I admitted, blushing again. "After New Year... after my first introduction fully to the Academy, I went shopping with Lily."

His eyes widened in curiosity.

"I got a few things." I said. "I didn't want you to know everything in my wardrobe in case you ever wanted to be surprised on one of our dates." I smiled. "And there was a dress that he'd almost gotten for me before Halloween so I knew that was something he might like me to wear on a date." I murmured. "Lily was very happy to get to take me. It was actually rather nice." I mused.

Gabriel nodded. "I know that you still, aren't that comfortable around women." He stated softly, glancing around as North and Silas came across the courtyard to join the group. "But it seems to me that you've gotten a little more comfortable around her, Karen and Erica."

"Yes." I nodded. "Lily told me that she'd always wondered about shopping with someone else, she is always happy to go with me if I need her to. And it did take time to get used to all of them but I don't think you'll find me ever running off to a girl group and I'm not sure how many other female friends I need." I said.

He chuckled and leaned over to kiss my cheek before I was claimed by someone else. "No worries Trouble. I know you're the only one for us." He said. "So we don't need anyone else either."