6 - Leena's list

6. Arya 

I drop down on the bed that is supposed to feel like mine but doesn't. This place isn't home and it never will be but that is the last thing I should be thinking about. If I wallow in my own self pity any more, I'm going to explode. Crash and burn. I need to stop getting lost in my mind because in the end, the only person I hurt is myself.

School today went by in a strangely blissful blur. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. At first I was hyper aware of everyone around me, my paranoia and mistrust in people getting the best of me but after a couple hours, I actually started to relax. After yesterdays confrontation with Seth and then the hyena bitch in charge and then Seth again, I thought today would be hell.

It wasn't. Mostly everyone had their minds occupied with today's soccer game. Personally I've heard enough about soccer for a life time. This school is obsessed.

This morning Sam was all pumped and got up super early, blasting music at five o'clock in the morning. That monster even woke me up two hours early which lead to me being completely grumpy for the whole morning.

Now, I'm just happy that I'm finally alone. No cheery cheerleaders, no hyped up students practicing school spirit and no jocks, jumping around the cafeteria like monkeys on crack.

Just this bed and complete silence. Complete and utter sile-

"ARYA! GET YOUR LAZY ASS DOWN HERE, NOW!" Sam calls from downstairs. Maybe we need to establish some rules in this house.

Rule number 1: Leave Arya alone at all cost.

Rule number 2: Refer to rule number 1 in case you ever want to bother Arya.

See? Not that hard, right?

It feels almost impossible to tear my body off the bed and move it across the room. Still I somehow manage to pluck myself off of the goodness that is my pillows and trudge downstairs.

Sam is sat in the kitchen, chugging down a beige, thick looking liquid, that I'm guessing is some kind of nasty protein shake. He finishes the bottle with a grunt and slams it down on the table. Some kind of caveman behavior!

When he spots me, he nods towards the plate in front of him.

"Chicken and veggies... again? Really?" I complain and drop down on one of the kitchen chairs, my shoulders slumping forward.

"It's good for you," he rolls his eyes and wipes the remainders of protein shake off his upper lip. "Stop complaining or you'll be cooking from now on."

That's never happening so I pick up my fork and start eating in defeat.

"So, when's the game?"

Bad question! I really need to stop asking things if I don't care about the answer because that's when he re-tells me everything that he's already told me three times today. The game starts at 5 o'clock sharp. He needs to be at the field at 4:30 at least for warm ups. His team is so gonna beat those losers and of course, I'll have to be there to cheer him on.

"I already told you. I'm. Not. Coming." I give him a stern look but he only ruffles my hair, whilst simultaneously stealing a piece of broccoli off my plate.

"Of course you're going. You're my number one fan, aren't you?" He lifts an eyebrow, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Not if you're gonna make me go to that stupid game," I whine and finish my food. I drop the plate into the sink and turn back to him. "You know I don't feel comfortable around all these people. There are gonna be loads of kids from my school and I'll be cheering for the wrong team."