Chapter 48: You're Sick And I'm Hopeless

A MUST READ MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR  

Okay, okay. I give you permission to unleash your wraths, torches and pitchforks upon me.

I've left you guys hanging by a thread over a cliff. To say I took extremely long to update was be an understatement. I took years to update. No, not years. I took centuries to update and I'll admit it. I know you may say no amount of apologies *sniff sniff* can make up for this, but trust me when I say I'm sorry, I really really really mean it. I can assure you my other books\ future book's updating time will be spot on. I appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read my books.

I've been trying to survive without a stable wifi connection for months now and just recently got the chance to post this. I haven't been rejecting my books for any other appeal (website/app) of writing. As well as -

I had planned this book from start to finish and something came up resulting in me losing all of that planning informaiton. I was crushed to say the least and went into an isolation away from all things creative. Not to mention the lightbulbs in my head were just not clicking for writing and exams made it extremely difficult... and the motivation to write just wasn't there....until now. But I'm here now, today is my birthday and I'm feeling giddy and I'm going to make up for it.

Soo,  everyone still alive?

How's everyone doing?

No broken bones?

Still fabulous as ever?

Good.

I've glimpsed comments here and there mentioning re-reading the book in the future due to my break and I fully recommend it. But if not and you decide to quit the book altogether then that's your decision. I respect it. We had a good ride while it lasted.

Thank you for being patient those of you who have decided to stick on the party wagon.

It is with my greatest pleasure, I bring to you - Chapter 48 of The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes

*drops mic*

                          __________________________________________

Chapter 48: You're Sick And I'm Hopeless

The limo came to an abrupt halt.

The driver never said a word, but did he have to? We had arrived at the Woods's Residence. We were here. 

I was here. 

The short man who managed the vehicle exited his side and opened my door. I hesitated.

"What ever time you prefer, ma'm." was the driver's polite version of saying Are you gonna get out today or tomorrow, lady? Hurry up, I do NOT have all day.

I didn't meet his eyes and stepped out of the vehicle. As soon as my frail little feet made contact with the pavement, I shuddered at the impact. The house - if you could call it that - looked like it grew ten sizes bigger than the last time I had seen it, still towering over everything around it, intimidating me. Nevertheless, it was still every bit of beautiful. I went up to the door and my index finger connected with the glowing doorbell like before. A wave of memories came flooding in like a violent tsunami, devouring me whole.

Epic Deja vu

Then it happened.

The door to the Residence opened. But instead of seeing Carter's mother - the petite, polished and highly affluent woman with her luscious brunette hair usually found in a tight bun I see the exact opposite. A pudgy man with thinning hair who looks like he's had a buffet on his messy size too small singlet and beige beach shorts. He reeks of mustard, cheap alcohol and aftershave.