Chapter 19 - Overprotective Much?

I woke up, per usual, at 6:00 in the morning and got ready to go to school. I did, however, remember that Lin was going to be joining me today. I was, to be blatantly honest, freakishly nervous. I don't confront my issues. Ever. This was new and I didn't know how it was going to go. I knew there wasn't going to be, like, a physical fight, I just can't see Lin getting involved in that, he's to much of a ray of sunshine. I was just nervous all around.

Once I was dressed for school, I went downstairs and sat in front of the theater mentally going over my day's schedule. My regular car did not pull up, instead, Lin's did. I walked up and got in the car. 

"Good morning!" 

"Morning, thanks for driving me today." I responded buckling my seatbelt and putting my backpack on the floor in front of me.

"Your totally and always welcome."

"So... What's the deal, what are you planning on doing, how is this going to work? Are you just going to follow me from class to class making sure nobody talks to me?"

"No." He laughed, "I have thought this out you know. I'm not a big fan of the whole, counselor 'lets just talk it all out' method. It never works and it would make you look weak. I don't think the school wants me to follow you around all day, and if I were to get you a bodyguard, it would not be me. Have you met me?"

"Alright." This time, I was the one to laugh, "So what's the plan?" 

"You'll see. In a few hours, I mean, the school board loves me." He said smirking to himself. "They'll want to talk to me."

I groaned and shook my head. He pulled up in front of the school, and we walked in together, but as soon as we entered the school he took a right and I took a left. He walked into the main office and I walked towards William and his group of friends.

"Hey babe, how are you?" William asked holding me around the waist.

"I'm fine." I replied simply, rubbing my hands together. Honestly, I was kind of dreading today. 

"Oh, ok." He returned to his conversation with his friends Dean and Joey. I kind of just sat there. The bell rang and I got up to leave to go to Spanish, when William grabbed my arm, pulled me back and kissed me. "Love you babe." He said letting go and walking to his first period class. I walked quickly to mine, because of my fear of being late. I sat down next to Josie and I basically stressed for the whole period. 

55 minutes later the bell rang to go to 2nd period, I walked there and had half a conversation with Josie as I walked, I was kind of zoned out the whole time though. Choir was fine, nothing big, or interesting, or challenging given my vocal part and the season meant I was singing the melody on Christmas carols I learned at age five.

After Choir was my A.P. Bio class I took with William. 20 minutes into class and we were all working on a packet, that our teacher handed out. The door opened and an office assistant came in with a note, she handed it to my teacher then left, my teacher then handed it to me. It said that I needed to go to the office, so I did. 

I was extremely nervous as I walked out of class, I knew something was going to happen, and frankly, I wasn't ready for it.

"Hey! Abigail!" I turned around to see not just Sam and Luke, but also Nick. I freaked out, and walked faster. "HEY!" Luke caught up to me and grabbed me, shoving me into the wall, "where are you going?"

"I was called down to the office"

"So were all 3 of us, that's funny. I was just wondering if maybe there's a reason why all four of us were called to the principals office at the same time? Maybe one of us said something we shouldn't of said." He was glaring very harshly into my eyes and he kept a sharp grip on my arm.

"I promise, I didn't tell Mr. Shrum or a teacher or my counselor. I promise." I rushed to get this information out. 

"I know we never told you to keep your mouth shut, we just thought it was blatantly obvious."

"Mouth shut about what?" A new voice came through, and Mr. Shrum, our principal, came out from around the corner. Immediately Luke let go of my arm and took a step back. 

"Nothing, it was just sort of an inside joke, you wouldn't get it." Sam tried to cover quickly.

"This is what I was talking about," Lin walked out from around the corner. "They obviously have been hurting her." 

"Well, I can certainly see that something's going one, I'm not quite sure that they are physically abusing her, all I can see is the red mark lingering on her arm. Have you boys ever physically hurt her?" Mr. Shrum asked.

"No sir. We're friends! She was even my foster sister for a while!" Nick said swinging his arm over my shoulder in a brotherly fashion. I immediately shrugged it off.

"If you don't mind," Lin said as he reached over and wiped the concealer and foundation off of my eye, revealing the black eye that I received yesterday. "Yesterday she came home with this, because those two." He pointed at Sam and Luke. "Punched her. Her driver saw it. Also this boy," he said pointing at Nick, "was her foster brother, that's how we met, he was beating her up when she lived in his home, I noticed her because of a massive bruise on her cheek from that punk. Also, I'm fostering her because he threw a giant house party and got totally wasted, check into it!"

"Ok, I'll look into it, but in the meantime, Abigail, you may return to your class, and boys please follow me. That includes you Mr. Miranda." I walked back to Biology feeling like a weight was lifted off of my back. And Nick, Sam and Luke, walked into Mr. Shrums office looking like a weight was put on all of their backs.

The rest of the day went very smoothly, and I calmed down, Nick wasn't in APUSH, which could only mean good things for me. The final bell rang and I left Pre-Calc and walked outside. I got into Lins at which was sitting outside.

"They were suspended." Lin said, "all 3 of them, for 1 week." They aren't going to mess with you again. I promise."

"Thank you so much." I replied, honestly relieved, I hated going to school knowing they were there. I could breathe again.

"You're totally and always welcome."

Thanks for reading!

-Abi