Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Halloween

It's been hard to find a house. It's been two weeks and we're not having much luck. We can't even find a simple apartment. Tomorrow is Halloween and it's our day to take a break. Jason will be dressed up as Mickey Mouse, and Bella will be Minnie Mouse. Marco refuses to dress up, but I'm still working on him. I'm going as an older Minnie Mouse.

"Marco, please?" I begged. "Go as Mickey Mouse." I pouted.

"No. I hate dressing up in costumes. Besides, that costume is hideous."

"Fine, then you're not coming with us."

I leaned back and folded my arms. I heard Marco sigh beside me and I thought he was giving in.

"Fine, I won't go."

"What?! You'll miss their first Halloween?"

"I refuse to dress up in that costume."

"It's not that bad."

"How about this. I'll wear red skinny jeans, a black hoodie, and the ears. Does that work? Modern Mickey."

"I guess. It's better than nothing."

I got up to feed Bella and Jason. I put them in their high chairs and went to get two jars of baby food.

"Need help?" Marco asked me.

"No. I'm fine."

"Okay, I'm going home. I might come back." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and left.

Marco's P.O.V*

I walked down the street to my house. I can't believe Bailey wanted me to dress in that terrible outfit, when hers is hot looking. I rather dress in dark clothes and scare people like usual. I'm breaking my usual routine for her.

I walked into my house to see my living room crowded. My uncle and aunt sat on the couch with my mom. Andy was sitting on the floor talking to Sandy and Heather.

"Hey Marco." They greeted. "How are Bailey and the twins?"

"They're okay." I said with a shrug. "Uncle Anton, do you think you could get me another car?"

"I don't think so." He said with a frown. "You got in a wreck because you were drinking and driving. I scolded you once for being drunk, that's twice now. I don't think you deserve another car."

"Come on, it's embarrassing asking for rides. There are some things I'd like to do alone."

"Like?" My aunt asked me.

"I don't know."

I walked over to Andy and the girls. Sandy and Heather smiled hugely as I approached.

"Marco! You're trick-or-treating with us right?" Heather asked me.

"Yeah, of course. Bailey and the twins are coming too."

"Yay! Andy is coming too. We'll all be together." Sandy exclaimed.

"You're trick-or-treating?" I asked Andy. "What are you going as?"

"Myself. Why, are you dressing up?"

"Bailey is forcing me to. I'm going as a modern Mickey."

"How do you do that?"

"Red skinny jeans, black hoodie, and Mickey ears."

"Interesting."

Sandy and Heather tried showing Andy and me a handshake they made up. It was actually quite complicated.