Chapter 37- No Recognition

I ran into the woods chasing after Sophia. My leg ached with pain, but I ignored it. I got closer to Sophia, I could almost touch her. Then someone picked her up quickly and turned away from me. I followed after the kidnapper, wait. That was no kidnapper, that was Rick.

"Rick!" I yelled loud enough for him to hear me. He turned his head and slowed down so I could catch up to him.

"We need to get the walkers away, I'll distract them and run farther into the woods you take Sophia back." I said between breaths.

Before Rick could argue I stopped running. "HEY!" I shouted, trying to get the walkers attention.

It worked because after a minute one of them chased after me, it's arms out stretched, ready to catch it's next meal.

My leg was starting to go numb from pain. I quickly ducked under a tree and went the opposite way from Sophia and Rick. I ducked around another tree and went in a circle to try and confuse it.

The walker slammed into the tree but quickly shook the dazed feeling off and continued after me. I kept trying to duck away from the walker but it stayed glued to me. I neared a fallen tree and quickly hoped over it. The walker stumbled into it for a minute but started to walk around it.

I picked up a long stick and prepared myself. The walker ran at me, full speed. I held the stick out where the head would be and the walker ran right into it, killing it instantly.

Since thats been taking care of, I needed to find the highway. I looked around the area and felt like crying. I don't even recognize any of the area. I started to walk, my leg was numb so it wasn't that bad.

I walked for about twenty minutes, hoping to come across Daryl, Rick, Tayler anyone that was from my group. When I didn't, I sat down and put my head in my hands.

What was I going to do? I was lost in the woods, no weapons, no food, no water. Then I remember the small hand gun Tayler and Jason made me take when we found that bag of guns. I quickly reached into my belt, and sure enough it was there. I checked how many bullets I have.

Five, I was so screwed. I stood up and started to walk again, hoping that I could find something, anything.

I kept walking, it was starting to get dark and I needed to find somewhere to go.

I found a huge oak tree with several little tree's around it. I quickly climbed one of the little trees to get to the oak.

I got to the top of a small tree and jumped to the lowest oak tree branch. I was pretty high up, I could see over the little tree's but nothing special. My leg began to ache with pain again, but I grit my teeth and pushed through it.

I had to stay where I was though, I wouldn't be able to survive the fall from a branch higher up, I probably wouldn't survive it from this height. I balanced myself out on the branch and sat down so my back was leaning against the trunk.

I shut my eye's and tried to sleep, I had to try. I needed sleep or I'll never be able to get up tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'd find somewhere to live like a actual human being rather than a squirrel.