FOUR

I ran home at 5:45 in the morning like a crazy maniac. I don't get home until 6:30. I ran inside to see dad in the kitchen. "Morning sweetie." He said. "Morning daddy." I replied running upstairs. I quickly threw myself into the shower and blow dried my hair. I put on some light makeup and brushed my ombré hair letting it just fall down my back.
   I put on my brown leather combat boots and grabbed my bag. I heard the doorbell ring, knowing it was the Cullen's, and skipped downstairs. Dad was gone when I came downstairs. Bella had opened the door and Rosalie was on our front porch.
   Bella said goodbye to Rosalie before she kicked me out of the house. "Have fun at school ya little bitch." She spat. I rolled my eyes and followed Rosalie out to her red BMW.
   Emmett sat in the front seat with Alice in the back. "Hi Britt!" Alice squealed. "Hi Alice." I smiled back.
   We drove to school with small talk. My style, music, school, the usual.

   The school day went by quick thanks to my nerves. I was freaking out about going back to the Cullen's.
  I followed Emmett back out to Rosalie's car. This time it was just the three of us riding home. Edward, Jasper, and Alice were riding in Edward's car. "We can do homework up in my room if you'd like." Rosalie told me as we drove home.
   "Actually, I finished all my homework for the week last night." I explained. "Wow. You must be really smart." She stated. I chuckled. "Not really," I whispered.
   We pulled up to the most beautiful house ever. I followed Rosalie and Emmett up to the big house. A woman with a heart shaped face and Carmel hair held the door open for us. "Hello. You must be Britt. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Esme." She said. "Hello Esme. Thank you for having me." I told her.
   A man with slicked back blond hair stood next to Esme. "Hello Britt. Im Carlisle." He introduced himself. Edward, Jasper, and Alice appeared behind him. We stood in what I'm guessing was a den now. We just came from the hallway. That's when it happened.
   It happened so fast I wasn't even sure if it really happened or not. Just a second ago Edward stood across from me glaring at my way, and then he was behind me grabbing my hair pulling my neck backwards. I screamed out in pain tears falling from my eyes. Emmett and Jasper jumped on top of Edward pulling him out of the room.
   When Edward let go of my hair I fell to my knees, weak, and cried. My body shook rapidly with sobs escaping from my chest. Rosalie slid her arms under me and picked me up fleeing me it of the room at an inhumanly fast pace. She set me down on the back deck. "Stay here. I'm gonna get someone who can help." She told me and ran off.
  I rocked back and forth still crying. I was terrified. He almost killed me. And at how fast they ran. I just wanted to go home. Jasper arrived from the sliding glass doors and took a seat next to me. I scooted back, scared. "T-tell me what's gggoing onnn." I stuttered, my voice cracking.
   "Britt. We are not human." He started to say. "Point taken." I spat. A calm feeling washed over my body and the sobs died down to crying. "We are vampires." He said. The sobs started rising in my chest again. I was shaking in fear. "I'd like to go home now." I cried.  "Not yet," he said. "You can't hold her hostage." Emmett stated from the doorway. "I just want to explain." Jasper begged. I nodded, unwillingly, not wanting to stay but I agreed to only if he brought me straight home.
   Jasper sat up and stretched his hand out for me to take. I slowly slid my tiny hand in his big cold one and we walked inside.

   Carlisle had finished explaining everything to me. Everything. I now sit in the car next to Rosalie who is driving me home. "Rosalie," I said breaking the silence as the car was growing nearer to my house. "Yes, Britt?" She replied. "Why did Edward try to kill me?" I asked her. "Because he smelt the blood on you," she answered.
   I looked down at my wrist quickly. The scar was back. I would probably do so again tonight. She must have thought it was my period. "Oh," I replied. "It's okay it happens to everyone." She assured me. Yeah cause depression happens to everyone.
  She pulled the car up to my house with a stop. I thanked her and quickly fled from the car. I ran inside to find that my dad had gone to Billy's and Bella was was at the beach.
   I walked upstairs into my bedroom and threw my bag down. I walked over to my bathroom and opened up the drawer. I pulled out my razor and shrugged off my jacket. I rolled the sleeves up on my sweater and picked up the razor. I ran the blade over my wrist the blood pouring out.
   I quickly grabbed the bandages off of the counter and wrapped my wrists up to stop the blood. I walked back out and changed into some booty shorts and a crop top for bed. I pulled back the blankets and climbed in bed.

   Narrators POV

   While Brittly laid in bed playing on her phone, the Cullen's were up and moving at their house. "I read her mind. She's hurting. And I just made things worse. She said she would forgive me but that's not what she's going to do," Edward explained. "I can feel the pain radiating off of her from here," Jasper added. "She's strong. She'll be okay." Emmett promised.
  Edward looked down at his watch. "I'm gonna go over to Bella's." He told his family. "Britt is over there." Rosalie said. "I'll be okay. See you all later," he said and left the house.