The Marauder's Map

"Aww they look so cute together." I heard a voice say in a hushed tone, I recognized it but couldn't put my finger on it, probably because I was still half asleep. "Nice one mate." I heard a male's voice say loudly. Although I had my eyes closed I could tell it was morning by the light that was shining in. All of a sudden I heard the familiar sound of a skin on skin slap. "Ow what was that for!" The male's voice asked.
"They're trying to sleep." Said a new voice over the sound of a camera clicking. I felt the thing I was laying on move slightly. "I'm not anymore, thanks a lot guys." Said a husky, sleepy voice. "Be quiet Anna's still sleeping." He continued, I think it was Fred, I'd recognize his voice anywhere, I remembered what happened last night: how we fell asleep on each other and a smile grew on my lips.
"Not asleep anymore." I said tiredly, fluttering my eyes open. Slowly I took in the scene before me: George, Angelina, Ron, Hermione and Ginny standing over me, Ginny holding a camera, she must've taken a picture of Fred, who had his arms wrapped around my waist, and me who was leaning on Fred's chest. I slowly sat up as did Fred. "I'm going to get changed." I said as I skipped up the stairs to my dorm, regretting leaving Fred's warm, tender arms.

It was two weeks before the end of term and in Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff 's match Ravenclaw won which put Gryffindor in a good mood. The whole school was in a good mood too because Christmas was getting closer and the grounds were covered in snow and frost. This means snowballs thrown at you by Peeves, but I also had the misfortune of Fred and George throwing them at me too. Fred and I, although we've grown slightly closer after the falling asleep incident haven't talked about it, I can tell he wants to but I guess he doesn't know how to start the conversation about it, neither do I to be honest. We were all going to Hogsmeade on the last weekend of term which is great because it means I can buy some more dungbombs. Luckily I made a bet with Fred on the outcome of Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw match, I won so he reluctantly gave me 2 galleons.

That weekend approached rapidly but on Friday night I couldn't sleep very well. I threw off my covers and quietly crept out of the dorm and down to the common room. On the last few steps I heard Fred and George whispering about something. They both had their backs to the girl's staircase so I silently crept up behind them, I slowly put my hands on their shoulders and they jumped out of their skin. I couldn't help but laugh, I was in stitches and was crying and I had to cling to the back of the sofa for support. They looked at me with anger in their pale faces, still trying to catch their breath. "I'm sorry" I said smiling after I stopped laughing.
"You scared the hell out of us." George said turning back around. I walked round and sat down on the other side of Fred, he smiled at me then turned away in a blush. "So what are you guys talking about?" I asked looking at the piece of parchment in George's hands.
"We were wondering whether to give this to Harry." George said holding the old parchment.
"That....a scraggly piece of old parchment?" I looked at them confusedly.
"Oh but it's much more than that." Fred said happily, he got out his wand and tapped the parchment with the tip. "I solemnly swear I'm..."
"Up to no good." I finished for him, they both looked quizzically at me, but I not sure how I knew that, it just sort of rang a bell. Ink began to flow across the page filling every inch of it, words blossomed across the top of it. "Can I have a look?" I asked curiously wanting to get a closer look. Fred waved his finger in front of my face.
"Not so fast, you have to be an experienced prankster to use this."
"Please, my dad and his friends were master pranksters, it's basically my heritage." I gave him a look then lunged across his lap and took the parchment off him. I ran to the other side of the room and held my wand out to stop them from coming closer, they know what I'm like. "Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present...the Marauders Map." I said, reading out the words across the page. I stopped, re-read the parchment. This was Dad's. His, James', Remus' and Peter's, they were the Marauders. Tears filled my eyes, thinking about what they were like in school, remembering all the stories Remus used to tell me about all the times him and the Marauders got in trouble for their amazing pranks. They were a lot like Fred, George and I, that made me smile but a sad smile. "You okay love?" Fred asked coming closer as he saw that both a tear and a wand had fallen. "Yeah, it's nothing." I said wiping away the tear.
"Do you know who they are?" I asked changing the subject.
"No but whoever they are we owe them one, it's a map that lets us see where everyone is." George says proudly.
"Everyone?" I asked, I wasn't that shocked because I've been told this before by Remus, I had just forgotten.
"Everyone." The twins said at the same time. Fred and George then took it in turns in saying small parts of the sentence.
"Where they are-"
"What they're doing-"
"Every minute-"
"Of every day."
"Wow." I said processing the information. "So that's how you always managed to find me no matter where I was?" I ask.
"Yep" Fred says, smile on his face. We all sat back down on the sofa.
"You know that makes you two sound like stalkers." I pointed out.
"Oh well." George shrugged. They continued to talk about whether or not they should give it to Harry, I think they should. Although it's the last legacy of my Dad's work at Hogwarts it's also Harry's dad's legacy and I still have my Dad alive, he doesn't. Plus he's been really down lately so with all the passageways the twins lead me through Harry can get to Hogsmeade and enjoy himself. I then began to wonder how exactly a gang of teenagers at Hogwarts managed to create a map so awesome without anyone finding out (especially teachers) and being able to charm it so nobody can see it unless they know what to say. It must've been hard magic to do. Then again it's probably because Remus was and is a genius, Dad doesn't like rules, James thought he could do anything and Peter probably just brought them snacks and encouraged their combined insane genius. (Yes I copied this from a Tumblr post, it is my favorite one about the marauders don't judge. I was snapped out of thought by George asking me a question. "Do you think we should give it to Harry?"
"Yes." I answered quickly. "He needs something that will cheer him up, he's been really down in the dumps lately." They both nodded and we all decided to go back to our dorms.

Saturday morning we were waiting in a corridor for Harry to come past. (We saw him on the map.) "Psst- Harry!" George said, Harry spotted us and turned into our hallway. I zoned out as they spoke due to lack of sleep last night, I didn't notice until Fred was pushing me into an empty classroom. We all beamed at Harry and Fred started to pull the map out of his pocket. "Early Christmas present for you." He said. Harry stared at the blank parchment. "What's this rubbish?" Harry asked, I think he thought it was a prank.
"What's this rubbish he says." Fred says mockingly. "This, Harry, is the secret to our success." George said happily.
"It's a wrench giving it to you but the guys and I decided last night that your needs are greater than ours." I added.
"And we know it off by heart so we don't need it anymore." George said, Harry still looked skeptically between the map and us.
"And what do I need with a bit of old parchment?" Asked Harry. I could tell the guys were offended so I butted in before they could say anything. "It's not just a piece of old parchment ,Harry, trust me." I said.
"Explain George." Fred said gesturing to his brother. They both launched into an explanation about how they stole the map from Filch's office in first year after they had pulled a prank on him. Harry and I snorted when they said they used to be innocent because I, for one, know they were never innocent. They showed him how it worked and he was fascinated, they told him about all the good passageways around the school. I started to giggle when they were praising the Marauders. They told him to wipe it after he'd done with it or otherwise anyone could use it. Fred then did a very uncanny impersonation of Percy. "So young Harry, mind you behave yourself."
"And we'll see you in Honeydukes" I winked at him. We left the room smirking and walked down to the entrance hall, once we got passed Filch and out of the gates I jumped on Fred's back and yelled. "TO HOGSMEADE!" We had the best afternoon we had in ages, just us three joking about buying sweets and pranking gear and hanging out with no disruptions.