Chapter 39- Don't Kill The Walkers

I searched everyday, looking for any sign of my group. I already knew that Jason and Tayler would be throwing a hissy fit trying to find me.

But what about Alliosn? Or Rick? Were they looking for me? I made good friends with everyone in our group, some more than others. But a tiny piece of me made me feel like they weren't looking for me but instead looking for Sophia. I was borrowing Otis's hunting knives since I didn't have any other weapons. I ducted behind a tree and peered around the side.

Two walkers stumbled around in the woods, searching for food. I sighed and took out my knife.

Only one noticed me, it ran at me at full speed. I jammed the knife through it's skull and it fell to the ground in front of me.

I walked behind the other one and quickly stabbed it in the back of the head. Blood spurted out and hit my face. I wiped it away, although probably smeared. Great, Hershel's going to scold me again. The poor old fool, he thought the walkers were just ill, not dead. I wiped the walker blood away as best as I could but Hershel would still notice. I sighed and started to walk away. A gun shot rang out and I knew Otis must have found something for us to have for dinner.

I stuck my knife in the dirt to clean the walker grime off of it. I stretched out my legs and started to run. Ever since my legs healed up, I've been running more and more often.

I began to run down a small hill, a root hooked around my foot and tripped. Of course I landed right on where Hershel gave me stitches. I groaned from pain and started to stand up. "Well that was rather painful." I muttered to myself.

I dusted the dirt off my black jeans and started to run back to the house. Otis would be back soon and need help with skinning the animal. I walked towards the farm, I shoved my knife back into my belt and walked up the dirt road to the house.

I peered on the inside to see Hershel sitting on the sofa. I quickly ran upstairs to the bathroom to avoid the confrontation about killing walkers and found Maggie sitting on my bed.

"You know my dad doesn't like you killing those things right?" She asked.

I frowned and nodded. "He's wrong, they're not sick they're dead."

Maggie frowned angrily. "We're letting you stay here, can you at least respect his wishes." she said quietly.

I scowled at her. "You don't have to let me live here, I could go live on my own you know." I said angrily.

She sighed and got off the bed. "Sorry, I just don't want him to yell at you again." She said softly.

I nodded and looked at the bed. "I don't want him to yell at me either." I said quickly.

She laughed and walked out of the room. "I'll make you something to eat." She called out from the hallway.

"Thanks." I yelled back, then she was gone. Making me food to feed my bottomless pit of a stomach. I quickly got undressed in the bathroom and turned on the hot water.

I cleared my face of walker slim and quickly scrubbed down the rest of my body. I got out and put on my black clothing. I reattached my gun and knife to my hip, then opened the door. I walked downstairs and picked up the sandwich on a plate, that Maggie left for me.

I quickly started to eat when my mouth got sorta dry. I looked into the fridge and saw no juice. That was rather odd. "Hey Maggie, where's the juice?!" I screamed. I got no response.

I bit into my sandwich again and waited for her to answer. The front door slammed shut and I took another bite. I rounded the corner to see Rick, covered in blood, holding a unconscious Carl.