Chapter 4

Chapter 4

You'll never find a road that's completely smooth and straight, and you'll never find an ocean with no ripples and is frequently calm and serene. But maybe that's okay, because these are all memories and life would be pretty boring if everything went the right way all the time.

This is the second time in half a week that I find myself forced against a wall by the same curly haired man. The light fixture on the ceiling shakes with the vigorous movement, and I sure Jess could hear it from upstairs. My thoughts were proven right when Jess' head pops around the corner, but stays hidden only to where I can see her.

Her brown eyes widen when she sees Harry flushed against me. That's when I realize that his plump are working on my neck, not hard enough to make to bruise me again, but enough to make me whimper. I cautiously motion for my friend to leave the room. She hesitant to do so, but silently leaves soon after.

"Hello, Love," Harry finally pulls back to look my in the eyes. They're darker than I've ever seen them, but I choose to ignore that fact, scared of the reason. I can't find my ability to respond, still stunned from recent events. My legs are spread to the side so Harry can stand between them, and now I'm dependent on him to not let me fall.

"As much as I enjoy being right here, we have a reservation to make," Harry grasped my hand towing me away from the wall. I'm grateful that he didn't notice Jess, and I don't act like I know someone's here as I follow out the door, and turn to lock it.

I hear Harry groan behind me when I place the house key in my back pocket. I face him, but he's not looking at me. He's blatantly looking from my hips to calves. I possibly would've blushed only if his eyes didn't look like a hunter finding his prey.

I ignore his hungry eyes, and start down the driveway. I can instantly hear Harry's heavy footsteps behind me before he bypasses me and unlocks the door to his black Range Rover. He kindly holds it for me to step up in with a little difficulty. I faintly hear Harry sigh and I sure he's looking at my bum. I roll my eyes even though he can't see.

Once settled, Harry slams the door hard enough to make me flinch. He doesn't notice as he jogs around to the driver's side, and buckles his seatbelt. No one makes an effort to speak as he drives away and heads to our unknown─ to me ─destination. I don't look at Harry directly, only out of the corner of my eye.

He's focused on the road for the first ten, long, awkward minutes of the ride. His leather jacket sleeves are pushed up past his elbows showing off his firm, muscular arms.  "Why are you so quiet, all of a sudden?" Harry's raspy voice disrupts the seemingly perfect silence. I've almost forgotten that I was in a car with a creep that forces me into a dinner with him─ I don't even want to call it a date.

I hesitant to answer, not really sure how to, as I glance around his the interior of his car. It's quite clean for a guy; the only thing that sits on the back sit is a multiple C.D. holder. I don't have time to inspect it when I detect an annoyed tapping thumb on the steering wheel.

"I have nothing to say," I mumble.                                       

"Cat got your tongue?" He scoffs, his hands constricting tighter around the wheel. I snap my head to face him, but his eyes are on the road, only taking brief peeks at me, a menacing looking crossing his face.

I choose to disregard his question with one of my own, "So where are you taking me?" I shift in my seat to properly face him.

"You'll see." And we continue down a different, bumpy road.

***

We eventually pulled into a parking lot outside of a seafood restaurant with sitting outside as well as in. I see there's a row of motorcycles to the right of the front door, and assume this is more of a bar on the inside. But as I look around more, I see nicer cars and van in the lot. I start worrying about who may be inside this restaurant, when I jolted back from a large hand being placed on the middle of my thigh.