viii; benji's safe haven

The Devil stepped out of the cold embrace winter had on his skin, into the safe house of one of his workers and close friend, Benji Thacker. His sharp and blue gaze was fleeting around all the projects--some weapons and others he wouldn't ask about--covering every surface in the whole safe house. "Benji?" He announced to the almost chilling air, and in seconds, the dirty blonde man was popping out from a door. 

"'Ey, it's nice to see you again," An amused smile took place on Benji's face, and he shifted on his feet, hand over his eyes, as if the light hurt them. Knowing Benji, he was probably hung over, so they did hurt.  "What's the problem-o, then? Somethin' not workin' right?" 

"Well," The Devil began, and shrugged one shoulder higher than the other, giving Benji a small attempt at a smile, "Everything's workin' fine, man, I've just got one concern here--You seen the news reports?" 

Benji's tense stature took place immediately, and he pulled his bottom lip into his mouth. "Yeah, I've seen the news. It's the new hero type girl, isn't it? What're they callin' her again?" 

Running a hand through his black hair, the Devil of London let his eyes flicker to the window, as if he was paranoid or nervous. Maybe he was feeling like both. "Nightkiller," He managed softly, and Benji let out a small laugh, leaning on a table nearby where he stood. 

"Sounds like the press is readin' a little DC comics, 'cause Nightkiller sounds almost like Midnighter." Benji pointed out in amusement next, and then crossed the room to glance up at his friend, "Don't be worried, I've got ya. All your supplies are kick-butt thanks to me." But then he saw the flicker of doubt, some sort of emotion on the man in front of him's face, and he shook his head. "Nope, you can't do that in front of people." He finally said, "It pins you with emotions that no one thinks you have. You're supposed to be the Devil." 

The man in question leaned his head back, huffing, and then pinched the bridge of his nose, "The Devil was an angel," He pointed out softly, "God's favourite, wasn't he? Name means 'Bringer of dawn', or more known as the Morning Star." 

Benji snapped his fingers, "Excuse you, man, I didn't ask for a lesson in Sunday school. It's not Tumblr, we're not poets, and this isn't Shakespeare anymore. We don't get to live in poetic, tragic lives that people read. We're the chaos bringers, we claim lives, not live them." 

"You've never killed someone in your whole life, Benji, and you were a poetry student in College." The Devil pointed out smoothly, and Benji let his eyes narrow. 

"Shut up, no one asked, loser."

He raised a dark eyebrow to Benji, and licked his lips. "You're so mature, Benji." He taunted, and his friend glared at him.

"You're so mature, Benji." The dirty blonde man imitated in reply, and then stuck out his tongue. "You leave, shoo, don't worry, I'll take care of Midnighter copy-cat." 

  →→→ 

bet you guys were wantin' to get away from lance and jimmy, so meet benji, and have some insight on 'The Devil of London'!!! 

*gasp*

i love talking to you guys though it makes me smile and i love that you guys enjoy this at all and jkfhds

thank woo