Chapter Seven

The Icy Beta: Chapter Seven

I lay on a cold and hard concrete ground. When I was awake, I was alone in this room surrounded by 4 walls, equipped with only a door, 2 windows and a light installed at the ceiling. I slowly got up on my feet. My hands and feet were being chained. I tried to remove the chains but I failed miserable. I looked around the room again. What did he wants from me? I couldn't remember owing anyone money. I was always a decent and honest girl. If I borrowed money from someone, I would definitely remember to return it. And I didn't think I ever provoked him. What grudges did he have against me that he had to cage me in this room?

I searched my jeans for my phone. And I was lucky he didn't take it away from me. I looked at the battery life. 5%!! Why didn't I charge my phone??!! I quickly got into the messaging inbox and find Chloe's name. What should I send to her? I wasn't sure where I did they kidnap me. 4%!! Oh no. My phone battery was running out. I needed to message her before my phone battery ran out. I needed to do it fast without getting caught by my kidnappers.

'Save me.' That was all I typed and I pressed the send button. I prayed hard that it would be successfully sent to Chloe as the reception here wasn't so good. I looked at my phone and saw the word 'sent' before it started shutting down. Next time, I would remember to charge my phone to full battery every single day.

I lay down on the floor and held my stomach. I was famished. It didn't help at all when my stomach started growling. I stretched my leg and kicked into something. I sat up to look what was below my leg. I was delighted when I saw a number of breads placed on a metal tray.

Should I eat it? They wouldn't poison me right? But I'm so hungry. My stomach growled once more and that was the hint to eat the bread. I ate about 3 breads before I stopped eating.

I decided lay back down to the ground and rest. There weren't many things I could do here. Just as I was going to close my eyes, the room door slammed open. My eyes darted to the door. There was this man in his late-thirties walked in, followed by my kidnapper. I cowered to a corner and kept a distance away from them. The man in late-thirties walked up to me and squatted in front of me. He pushed my long hair to the back and looked at my neck. A satisfied smile on crept to his face.

"What do you want from me?" I needed answers. The way the kidnapper said it didn't seem like he had caught the wrong person. He wanted me. However, I didn't recall seeing him anywhere so I wouldn't have insulted him or anything. I wasn't rich either. I had nothing to give to him.

"Don't worry. You will know in 3 months time. On the day of your birthday." The man smiled thoughtfully as if he was planning for something.

"What? How do you know when is my birthday? Who are you?" I felt scared suddenly. Fear was running through my veins. He could be a stalker who had been eyeing me for long. That could be how he knew where I live and my birthday. He would also know my name, my school, my friends... He wasn't going to harm my friends, was he?

"Have a good rest..." He started heading out of the room and before he disappeared from my sight, he turned back and took a look at me. "... Hailey Winter."

How... How... He did really know my name. I mean it was no big deal. Anyone could have just asked the people around me to know my name. But the point was why would he spend time collecting my details? What did I have that he wanted from me? Everyone was just keeping me in suspense. Chloe, Brayden and probably the others too, and this old man. They knew something I didn't know but no one wanted to fill me in. And now, I was trapped in here. I wasn't even sure if Chloe had read my message and able to save me from this. I crouched into one corner and leaned my head against the wall. When would I be able to leave this place?