Chapter 39

(A/N: ajsockens 1k votes what. Thank you so much, it means so much to me. ily all, so here's the update)

I took a deep breath as I walked up to me and Tyler's doorstep. Okay. Here it goes.

I slowly turned the knob and walked in. Tyler looked up from the kitchen table, his eyes blotchy.

"Ashl-"

"I'm going to pack my things up and move out by tomorrow. We're calling the wedding off. I'm done with you" I said.

"No, please, don't say it's over" he begged, standing up and grabbing my hand. I felt a few tears dripping down my cheeks.

"You hurt me" I whispered.

"I-I know, I didn't mean to hurt you..."

"How could you do this to me?" I asked.

He looked into my eyes, sadness taking over his features. I shook his hand off of me and walked upstairs, sitting on the bed with my head in my hands. So I have to pack everything back up and I'm not having a wedding. THE wedding I've been planning with Tyler for the past 7 months. The wedding that was supposed to be the wedding of my dreams.

I sighed and packed everything up. Everything goes wrong for me and I don't understand why.

About an hour and a half later, I finished with the packing. I walked downstairs to take a Tylenol for my headache. I heard footsteps behind me and knew it was Tyler. He walked beside me and I refused to look at him.

"Can I just explain?" He asked softly.

"What is there to explain, Tyler?" I asked, harshly.

"I don't know why I did it!" He exclaimed, raising his voice. "I'm a fucking jerk, okay?"

"Tyler, are you drunk?" I asked. He balanced himself against the counter and I took that as a yes. "Look, that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you hurt me."

"Stop being such a bitch" he replied.

"Oh, I'M the bitch? Enlighten me."

"Why do you think I did this?" He slurred. "Because you aren't good enough."

I felt like my heart had been sliced. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, deciding to walk away. I walked upstairs and grabbed my bags. I was originally gonna move out tomorrow, but this pushed me over the edge. I took my things one by one and walked them out to my car. The only thing Tyler did was sit on the kitchen counter and get himself shit faced even worse than he was before. It took a very long time, but I eventually finished.

"Where ya going?" He slurred, jumping off the counter and leaning against the wall.

"I'm leaving you. Goodbye." I began to walk out but stopped in my tracks, turning around. I slid my ring off and threw it at him, walking away.

-

I drove around for a while, not knowing what to do or where to go. I guess I should've thought this through. Right now the only place I'd be able to go is to my mom's house, but I'm sure she'd only laugh in my face if I explained the situation with her. I passed a beach while I was driving, then remembered what Michael told me. Oh. I guess I could go to his cabin. So I drove down the street and turned into a few sets of parking lots. But which cabin is Michael's? I walked out of the car and down a sidewalk that had been near the sets of cabins. As if on cue, I saw Michael sitting outside of his cabin, staring out at the beach. I walked up beside him and he turned to look at me, eyes lighting up when he saw me.

"Ashley! How did it go?" He asked. I felt my chest turn in a knot and shook my head. Michael stood up and just wrapped his arms around me. We rocked back and forth slowly as my head was buried in his chest. I pulled away a little bit to look at him, and explained everything. He nodded in true understanding.

"Go ahead, say it."

"Say what?" He asked.

"Say 'I told you so.'"

"What are you talking about?"

I sighed.

"I'm sure you knew I would find someone new and he would just break my heart" I replied.

"Are you kidding me?" He asked. "I'd never think that."

I just laughed, shaking my head.

"Why did we stop?" I asked.

"Stop..what?"

"You know what. Why did we stop trying with each other?" I sat down on one of the seats on his cabin's back porch and he sat next to me.

"I don't know..just..fuck, I don't know" he replied, putting his head in his hands. "I mean, we were kids. We didn't know what to do."

"But we're adults now" I replied.

"I know" he said. He grinned. "We really are, aren't we?"

I nodded and smiled back.

We both stared out into the ocean. I looked over at him and saw that he had actually grown a lot. He looked way taller, and he had more bicep. Even his back looked muscular. His platinum hair seemed as though it were sticking up in all directions. I chuckled lightly.

"What?" He asked, turning to look at me.

"Nothing" I replied, smiling. He still has that habit of running his hands through his hair.

I truly missed Michael. We were young and we thought we knew what love is, and in all honesty, I think I was in love with him. I remember him making me happy and causing my heart to flutter, and this IS the boy that took my virginity.

"So what are you gonna do now?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"That's the problem..I don't know what I'm going to do, and it just makes the whole situation tougher for me knowing my mom won't be there for me and I-"

"Shhh" he soothed, standing up and walking to where I sat. He kneeled down so he was at eye level with me and grabbed my hands. "Everything will be okay. I promise. I know we aren't together but you can stay here at my cabin until you figure something out."

"Really?" I asked, smiling huge.

"Of course."

I threw my arms around him and he chuckled, hugging back.