Part 27: Think About it Angel

Finn was waiting for me when I got out of the bathroom. He was leaning against the opposite wall with a hand on the back of his neck. His green eyes weren't as bright as they usually were.

I started to ignore him and walk away when he said, "Eve, wait."

I stopped and spun around, putting my hand on my hip and raising my eyebrows for him to go on.

"I don't even know that girl who was all over me-"

I held up my hand, silencing him.

"Save it," I said, "I shouldn't have believed you when you told me that Ryker had made you say that I was just a game. I know he didn't and I know you meant what you said. I can see why you guys are such good friends now. Both assholes who love the company of too many girls."

"I knew you wouldn't believe anything I said anymore, and I understand. I've gone behind your back-"

"Twice."

He nodded, "And you don't deserve that. I just want you to know that I'm sorry for how I treated you."

I shrugged, "I'm not sorry."

"For what?" He asked, looking bewildered.

"For this," I said, taking a step forward. Finn's face morphed into someone resembling fear. Good, the jerk was afraid of me.

I raised my arm in the cast and swung it in a clean arc right for his face. Shock registered on his face before he could do anything about the oncoming assault. My cast slammed against his nose and I heard a sickening crunch. Blood gushed all over his white t-shirt, making him look like someone in a horror movie.

He bellowed out in pain as his hands flew to his nose as he tried to stop the blood from flowing. I'd just broken Finn Montgomery's nose. That was my queue to leave.

I bolted down the hallway and that was when I realized the music had stopped playing. I looked up on stage to see every band member looking at me. Ryker's heated glare burned through me as I looked around.

Shit, everyone in the club was looking my way. They must have heard Finn yell when I cracked his nose. I glanced over my shoulder to see him coming down the hallway. He was mad. That was an understatement. Finn was furious.

And I was happy about it. He had played me one too many times. I should have known the first time that he was a cheating, lying, douchebag. All those things he said about Ryker being a good person was all just lies. I'd believed they were both good people.

How wrong was I.

Ryker jumped off the stage, knocking over the microphone stand that had been in front of him. He pushed his way through the crowd, who tried to touch him in anyway that they could, and made it to me. I tried to dodge him, but I wasn't quick enough. Ryker scooped me off the ground and carried me out of the club. I took a peek over his shoulder to see a thousand girls fawning over Finn's injury.

Ryker didn't put me down until we were sitting in his expensive sports car. He didn't turn on the ignition, instead he sighed and folded his arms behind his head.

"I tried to tell you about Finn, but-"

His phone buzzed in my pocket and his head whipped over to me. He shoved his open palm out at me, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Hand it over."

I didn't feel like arguing, so I gave it to him. He glanced at the screen with a million notifications and growled. I smiled.

"You're really something, Angel. It looks like you broke Finn's nose and now you've dared to mess with me."

I glared at him, "To be fair, you've been messing with me the second you moved back to this place. I was just paying it back."

Ryker tapped a few times on the screen of his cell phone, probably removing my tweet. Then he turned to me, "I have somewhere to be. Get out."

"W-What?" I sputtered.

He leaned across me and I inhaled as his arm skimmed my stomach. He smelled so good and he knew it. He rolled his eyes and popped the passenger door open. Then he flicked his head at the open door.

I wrapped my cardigan around me and got out. How dare he kick me out of the car after he was the one who made me get in. His feather tattoo flashed as he straightened back up.

I held the door open and leaned inside again. I pointed at his neck and said, "You never told me why you have that tattoo."

I've seen many tattoos in my life and most people have similar ones; with someone's name or a flower or just a design. I've never seen a feather before so I had no idea what it meant.

"Because I'm stupid."

Well that wasn't what I had been expecting him to say.

"Uh, what?" I asked, confused.

Ryker leaned across the seats again and yanked the door shut. I banged on the window with my cast. His knuckles whitened on the steering wheel and then he rolled down the window. I stuck my head through it.

"Angel," he warned.

"Hey, I just want to know, jeez. You wouldn't tell me before either. I don't know if it's a touchy subject or-"

Ryker sighed loudly and shut his eyes. With his eyes still closed he said, "I got it for the girl I love."

"Oooooo," I gushed dramatically, "Who is it? Oh wait, who am I kidding? You use girls until you get tired of them. You're lying, ha-ha. What's it really mean?"

His blue eyes flashed as they locked on mine. The intensity of his gaze made me back further out the window.

"Think about it, Angel."

Understanding dawned on me and I gasped. I bumped my head on the ceiling of the car as my cheeks flamed.

"Y-You-" I stuttered.

"I got the tattoo a long time ago when I moved away. It doesn't mean anything anymore. Just forget about it."

Then he started to roll the window back up and I was forced to take my head out of the car. Ryker stepped on the gas and hurdled out of the parking lot.

I stood there gawking like an idiot.

Ryker loved me. Or at least he had. It all made sense now.

He said he had gotten the tattoo when he had moved away which is why he didn't have it when we were younger. He got it because he loved a girl. And the way he had said Think about it, Angel.

Angels had wings. Wings had feathers. He nicknamed me Angel.

My heart started to best rapidly in my chest.

Wait.

He had said that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

So why did I keep thinking he liked me?

Ryker confused me so much.

The only question was:

Have I fallen for Ryker?

I knew the answer even though I didn't want to admit it. He made me angry and I hated him, but...

~*~*~*~

Short chapter, sorry I've been on vacation and couldn't update! How do you think Eve feels about Ryker and vise versa?