3.3

CHAPTER THREE

My Ghost

- - - - -

After the semi-successful mission, the group arrived back in Washington

After the semi-successful mission, the group arrived back in Washington. Steve went up to talk to Fury, kept on mumbling about different missions, as Natasha and Ana stayed back in the weaponry wing. The girls changed back into their normal clothes, letting their uniforms hang on the racks.

"How you been, Nat?" Ana asked, walking out of the room with her friend.

Nat smirked at her, "Oh you know me, I've been keeping busy with Steve, helping him adjust. He's even got this small book where he writes down everything he missed." She said, checking her phone.

Ana raised an eyebrow at her, "Is Steve okay? I can't imagine him being fine with everything

Ana raised an eyebrow at her, "Is Steve okay? I can't imagine him being fine with everything." She said, pushing the door that led outside open and holding it for Nat to get through.

"He's fine. He's like an old man. Hey, I gotta check something out. You gonna be alright on your own?" Natasha asked, walking up to her black corvette. Ana whistled at the car, waving her off, "I'll be fine, see you later, yeah?" She nodded, putting her hands in her pockets as Natasha entered her car.

Ana stood at the sidewalk, watching Nat drive off and give her a few beeps. Ana chuckled and gave a wave before turning and walking down the footpath. She didn't know how much she missed Washington until she saw at all the famous landmarks and beautiful parks. It had to be around five years since she left.

She opened her phone, going on the map app. She wanted to go by the Smithsonian Museum, remembering how Steve talked about an exhibition on his behalf. She thought she should go and check it out, having studied the wars and this could be like a throwback to her University field trips.

Ana hailed a cab and told the drive to take her to the museum. She sat back and enjoyed the scenery, liking her time off even if it was for a few hours.

- - -

On her way to the Museum, Ana found that there was a large amount of police cars zooming past her. Ana told the cab driver to stop and she quickly got out. That was when her hearing picked up the gun shots, a lot of them. She dashed in the direction of the screams and bangs, her heart quickening in fear of what she will see once she got there.