XXXII : Rain

"Sweetie, don't you think that you should focus and start studying for the suneung?" my mom asked me.

I got home from Daehan Cinema at almost 10 pm and my mom was still cleaning up the kitchen.

And now here I am, sitting in front of the dining table and listening to her nag about how much I have been hanging out with Jimin lately.

"Okay okay, I get it.." I crossed my arms on top of the table, "But can I go upstairs and rest now? I'm really tir--"

"Lee Jinhee, I'm serious."

"I know mom, I'm also serious."

She sighed and wiped a plate dry, "Go rest then."

I jogged to her and kissed her cheek, "I love you!" I ran away upstairs right after.

Closing the door to my room, I got rid of my makeup and changed into my sleepwear, then I decided to call it a night.

-

"It's about time you finally got nagged to study too," Jimin softly chuckled at me, who had just told him what happened last night. Staring at my food and messing with my chopsticks, I pouted.

"Hey, what about that flower assignment of yours?" he asked, stealing some chives from my tray.

"I don't know, I'm stuck for ideas. Might be having an artist's block," I shrugged and finally placed some food into my mouth.

"Want me to help you?"

I signaled at him to wait as I chewed on my food. Done swallowing, I answered,

"Sure, but when? I don't think my mom is going to allow me to hang with you again for this wee-- Hey!" I suddenly grabbed his empty hand on top of the table, a breakthrough getting found inside my mind.

"How about we study together? My mom would surely allow that right?"

"Sure, my house?"

"Okay, I'll bring the flower assignment too!" I said, excitedly shoving a mouthful of rice and fish into my mouth.

He watched me munch like a chipmunk and smiled.

He wasn't as lively and flirty today as he usually is. His smiles and laughs seemed weak and he didn't joke around much. I wondered if he was tired.

Done eating, we returned to the classroom and the bell eventually rang. After spending hours and hours of sitting on the school's cramping chair and listening to the teachers' rambles, the class was finally dismissed.

"Let's go hoooome," I yawned, packing up my stuffs.

As he was already done packing his, he picked up my folder from my desk and carried it. After I'm done, we walked out from the classroom. Waving goodbye to some other friends, we went straight to the school gate.

"Hey, the skies look kinda dark today.." I commented.

"Might be that it's going to rain?" he said.

I shrugged and didn't really mind about it.

For the stuffs we are going to work on are still in my house and because I have to make sure mom says yes, I should return home first before going to Jimin's. I told him that he can go straight to his house if he wanted to, but he insisted to walk me home.

"Would you really be okay walking to my house alone?" he said as we finally arrived to my house.

"Oh please, I do that every single morning?" I raised an eyebrow, chuckling.