38.

We both hurried to put on our clothes again. I put on his brown under tunic and his casual pants as he put on his usual general gear. I pat my hair down to avoid looking too much like we had any kind of romantic touch. I could only imagine how this must look as we walk out of the room.

"Take a seat." Master Windu tells me, "We have things to talk about." The mood in the room was so serious, I was confused by the sudden change.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, brushing my fingers through my hair.

"There's something we need to talk about, with your capture." Mace said.

"What?" I asked, urgently. If something affects me or Anakin directly I need to know.

"We need to know what the queen told you while you were in her possession." he said.

"She taught me about politics, the slave market." I said casually.

"Are they in league with the Separatists?" Obi-Wan asked straight out.

"She told me they are staying with the Independent Systems as long as they could, but she had been doing Slaver trade with Dooku. She didn't tell me much about it. She said she supported the Jedi, but she could see the Separatists were rising in power. She wants to be on the winning side." I told them.

"They're working with Dooku?" Ahsoka clarified.

"Yes, for business. She said she wants to expand the slaver empire, the Separatists were the way to do it. They're taking the war as an opportunity to rebuilding the slaver empire." I told them.

"Interesting. Thank you for your work." Master Windu said, "You did a great job, the council has noticed you, young one. We'll talk more about it when we get back to Coruscant." he handed me my lightsaber. I became confused, how did he get this.

"Thank you, Master. How did you get this?" I asked, taking my elegant weapon back.

"Listen, (Y/N), we had to do this. I had so much faith in your abilities to do this mission. But we needed you to not know you were undercover. You're not exactly the best liar, which is good because people trust you. We made a deal with your brother, we knew you'd want to go after him but not kill him and then he'd take you there. Then we just had to hope you wouldn't get yourself killed.." He kept talking, but I felt myself getting so mad I zoned out of what he was saying.

They subjected me to this, to possibly get myself killed, just for their own benefit without my consent. I was still a slave. My brother was right. I bit the inside of my cheek and stared at my lightsaber. I felt so conflicted, why would they do this without my consent. I looked up when Master Windu stopped talking, I saw Anakin's face. His face was shameful when I expected a surprised face.

"Did you know?" I asked him, I didn't care about their suspicion anymore. I stared directly at the face of the man I loved and felt a betrayal from all of them. I suffered through so much paranoia and believed in something that was just a set up.

"He only recently found out. We know how close your friendship is, it was Anakin's reaction that sealed the believability. We understand your frustration-" Master Windu began, but I didn't want to hear it anymore.

"No, no you don't! You subjected me to much more than I was willing. What did you give my brother to get him to take me? Satisfaction? That brought up so much more emotional trauma than necessary. Why me? If I'm such a bad liar, why expose me to all of that if you could've just said 'Hey (Y/N) we need you to get some info about this Queen who was originally an independent system, but now we think she's conspiring with the Separatists. Could you help us out?' And I would've been like, 'For sure, Council! I can totally do that for you, no need to grab my brother out of hiding to capture me and ruin every hope I had for our next meeting and get my soul crushed as being sold to the Slaver trade.' All I'm saying is that next time, just let me know." I said. Then I walked out.

I felt Anakin and Master Windu go to follow me, but without turning I yelled: "Anakin, Mace, I swear if you follow me I'll rip you both to shreds."

I walked back into the room Anakin and I were before. There was a window that allowed you to look out at space. I looked out there despite the fact we were in hyperspace and everything was pure white. It hurt to look out, so instead I laid on the bed there. I screamed into a pillow.

The door opened, I groaned.

"Whichever one you are, go away." I said.

"Lucky for you, I'm neither of them." I heard Obi-Wan say. He sat down on the bed next to me.

"You pick the shortest straw?" I rolled my eyes, poking fun that coming to talk to me was not probably what he wanted to do.

"Nope, I wanted to talk to you. I once had a padawan who didn't like what the council would do to him either." Obi-Wan said. I sat up.

"I know, Anakin." I shrugged. "But you have to agree with me, the whole show was overkill."

"Perhaps. But you should take compliments in it. The council could've sent anyone. But Master Yoda wanted to test your skill." He told me.

"Master Yoda?" I asked, "He requested me specifically?"

"Yes, he had heard about your remarkable abilities and how even Anakin trusts you. Anakin's trust is a very small group, if you can get Anakin and Master Windu's trust, well you can gain anyones trust. The council wanted you on this mission for that reason. The kidnapping was to see your honest capabilities. We wanted you to get captured. We also needed you to face your fear in your brother." He told me, I began to understand it. But that didnt mean I agreed that it was the right thing to do.

"In the Jedi Order, as you grow older, you'll be tested in many ways, most not by our council but by yourself. With this war it's been especially difficult to keep Jedi with us. We drop numbers daily. You're important to us. We've seen things in you we haven't seen before. I'm sure when we get back the council will want to speak with you about your training." He says. I only nodded in response. I had nothing I could say.

"We wouldn't do this unless we knew you could handle it." Obi-Wan put a hand on my shoulder. I still felt like there was more he wasn't telling me. There had to be more.

"I suppose there isn't a reason for me to be angry anymore." I sighed.

"Good. Is there anything else you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Was Anakin ever tested like that?" I asked, I had to see if anyone went through a similar situation.

"Many times. It took him a very long time to mature from them. And to understand them like you do now." He said.

"Oh." I said, hanging my head. I had no particular reason, just to show I was listening.

"You love him, don't you?"