Chapter 41 - The Reason

OMG Hoobastank! You just complete this chapter!

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is YOU.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 41 - THE REASON ~~~

I couldn't believe it.

Nigel, in his navy blue dress shirt and suit pants, was there sitting on the floor in the hallway, acting like he was waiting for me to open the door.

Was he really just acting?

No. I doubted it.

He looked really pitiful in there.

So handsome and so hard and lean... yet so pitiful...

Staring at him in complete incredulity, I felt like my heart had ceased all its activities. I suddenly felt I needed air to breath.

Slowly, he stood up.

Without saying anything, I opened the door widely for him.

I turned around and expected that he would follow me in. Truly, he came in and closed the door behind him.

I knew I was appearing really strong but, deep inside, I was crying. Why did he have to do this? Why couldn't he just maintain being the heartbreaker that he was and not this kind of man who patiently waited for my door to open?

"Why are you here?" I scoffed with my back facing him.

I could hear his silent footsteps behind me. Then, suddenly, his arms were slipped around my waistline. I jolted in surprise but he even tightened his embrace of my body. "Can't we stop bickering? All the fights we have are killing me, Althea. Aren't you tired of all these fights?"

I shut my eyes. I wanted to cry again.

"Because you annoy the life out of me... and I could go on quarreling with you forever if you don't stop this mushiness," I said like a whisper. "Why do you have to still come here and show as if you care? Why can't you just stay with any other woman like the one you just have dinner with?"

"Do you really want that?" he asked in my left ear, still hugging me from my back.

No! Of course not!

Oh, what the heck was my mind thinking?

"Yes, Nigel. I just want you to stop coming here. Just be with someone else, please," I said.

"I just want to be with you," he said, placing his chin on my shoulder blade.

There, the chills in my bone that I had been trying to handle since he began embracing me were becoming obvious now. It seemed like I couldn't hold them back anymore. The familiar Nigel scent reached my nose and you just knew right that moment that you missed this man so much.

"Being with me wasn't something that you like years before..." I said, shrugging my left shoulder where his chin was resting. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

Unexpectedly, Nigel lifted my body up with his strong arms. I shreiked his name in shock as he carried me in bridal style to my couch. My spine released a million neurons to the different parts of my body and they all told me that I was in my breaking point right now.

In spite of my wriggling, he sat on my couch and gently placed my buttocks on his lap. Both of my legs were stretched out on the surface of the couch at his left side. Seeing my thighs flaunted, I remembered that I was only wearing a shirt.