Chapter Thirteen: Awkward

"Now I'm regretting joining this stupid play

"Now I'm regretting joining this stupid play." -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Awkward

Zamzam Amin

I can't believe that he saw me without my hijab on. This is crazy! Why was he even in my house!? I slowly opened my door and found him still standing in the same position he was in earlier looking dazed. Why the hell is he confused? I was the one who didn't know he was here! After fully covering myself I walked out of my room and stood in front of him. "What are you doing here?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He turned to me with an irritating smirk on his face. Oh god why does he always have to smirk!? "I was talking to Isa about something. Wow I didn't know you had long brown hair. It looks good. I think you look better without your scarf on." He then walked downstairs and out the front door.

At that moment I felt like screaming off the top of my lungs. This is going to make seeing him tomorrow at school and after school a whole lot more awkward than it was before. I didn't even know that Isa and Adam were such good friends that he could just show up at our house without any warning. How did they even become friends anyway? That is something I need to find out.

"Isa!" I called my brother's name while knocking on his door. "What?" He asked the moment he opened it. "Why didn't you tell me Adam was here!?" I yelled at him. He should've given me a warning! Sadly this isn't the first time something like that has happened to me. There was countless times Amir has seen my hair and so many other of Isa's friends. "I thought you'd be out with one of your friends or something. My bad." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"My bad!? He just saw me without hijab on and all you could say is MY BAD!?" I was livid but could you blame me? "Oh wow, didn't you see his car out front?" He asked as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"No I didn't because it wasn't out front when I got here!"

"Okay fine I'm sorry next time any one of my friends come I'll tell you." He then closed his door on my face. Ha yeah right like he hasn't said that one before. I sighed as I walked back to my room and slammed the door shut. I'm so annoyed right now to the point where I can't even speak. UGH!

* * *

"Hey." The moment I walked into class Mr. Cocky walked up to me much to my dismay. After yesterday's debacle I don't want to see him at all. I bet he's going to make an annoying comment about my hair. Which is why I was so surprised when he said, "I'm sorry for just barging into your house without you knowing. I know that your brother and I should've let you know and it won't happen again." He said all in one breath.

Okay what happened to the obnoxious guy who was saying how I looked better with my hair showing, yesterday? My head is seriously spinning, one day he's a cocky jerk and the other he's nice. Is this what people call a multiple personality disorder? Must be because it's hard to keep up with him. "What?" I said after a moment of silence.