Thirty: Music & Plans

Jay

The next morning we all gathered around the table downstairs.

My father started leaning on the table with his hands curled around the edges. "So, last night I did some deeper research into why Jay's eyes would glow white. I came across something that indicates since Sydney is your mate that it may have something to do with her being a white wolf-"

Sydney cleared her throat and raised her finger like asking permission to say something.

"Star, you don't have to ask to say something," I informed her.

"Well its common curtsey, I just didn't want to interrupt Mr. Ward."

"Honey, call me Rith." My father said to my little mate.

"Well, I was just wondering what all is special about me? I mean Jay's explained some bits of it but from the sound of it, it doesn't sound all too special to be a white wolf."

My dad nodded in understanding. "Well, like Jay probably explained, all your senses are heightened. Very heightened."

"But can't werewolves like train and strengthen their senses?" She suggested.

My father nodded. "Yes they can. It's never been noted that anyone has built heightened senses like anything you have."

"Well then how come I don't hear like your guys' heartbeats or anything else subtle?"

"Because you are a new wolf. Your wolf hasn't fully awakened."

My dad nodded.

"So is there anything other special about me?" Sydney questioned again.

Leaning forward and I whispered into her ear softly, "Everything about you is special Star."

These words caused her head to drop as her cheeks blossomed with blush.

"Sorry, could you please continue?" Sydney asked.

Nodding my father carried on. "In most legendary wars since the time of Lycaon, there has always been a white wolf involved. Other than that there are no other records of white wolfs. So I looked deeper into the situation, white wolves are created when a war is coming."

The room fell silent, but the anxiety was building in me.

"What happens to the white wolves?" Mat asked.

My father sighed and I knew I wasn't going to like the answer. "Out of all twelve white wolves to have ever roamed the earth, only three have ever lived after the battles they were involved in."

"So, what does this have to do with Jay's eyes glowing white?" Sydney asked, anxious to escape the conversation and I was happy to oblige.

Clearing his throat my father continued, "The reason for Jay's eyes was because the guardian inside of him was coming alive."

"Huh?" I asked. "I already was protecting her because she's my mate. I wouldn't have it any other way."

"No, this is different. All white wolves have a protector. Most times it isn't their mate due to the fact if the white wolf-mate becomes harmed then the white wolf would be harmed, but in rare cases, the white wolf's guardian is their mate."

"Is it just random?" I asked.

Dad shrugged. "There has only been one case of the white wolf's guardian being the white wolf's mate."

"Oh." Sydney breathed. "But you're saying his guardian is coming out or alive, does that mean, I don't know, like he's two different people? Or like how they have in movies where he is a vessel of something like an angel?"