x

When she woke up the next morning, she realized Chat wasn't there anymore. She shook her head as she had to change her clothes, since she fell asleep with yesterday's clothes on.

She took time and washed herself up properly.

She showed up in school a little early that day, which was unusual for Marinette.

Adrien was already there, but a girl stood next to him. And she was flirting with him.

Anger boiled inside her. Nobody flirts with her kitty.

As she wanted to go and tell that girl some harsh words she heard him say, "I'm really sorry, Lila, but I really need to go to look for my soulmate,"

Yes, he used the word on purpose.

Marinette's eyes went wide as she quickly ran away. He wanted to get away from Lila, the first time she tried flirting on him.

He knew it would hurt her, but he had to.

Marinette waited for him at the lockers. All of the school knew they had become really good friends, so nothing was out of usual.

"Ugh, she's been here for five minutes," Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Hey, no need to be jealous, my lady. I'm all yours," he wispered and chuckled.

"We should head to class," she nodded. They sat down at their usual spots. It was chemistry and Ms Mendeleiev didn't like people who were late to class.

Or doing anything else than the than she wanted. Like nothing else. (a/n basically my chemistry teacher -.-)

She basically kicked poor Nathanael out for drawing. And sleeping.

Since Alya nor Nino weren't in their class, Adrien and Marinette sat together. They were in first row, just so they would look like good students.

They were laughing and talking about a lot of stuff. He wanted to kiss her right now, but he couldn't. She wasn't any different.

As soon as the bell rang Ms Mendeleiev stepped in the class with a new student. All the eyes turned to them.

"This is Lila. She's new here," she said. "Now sit down beside Nathanael and listen,"

Lila's eyes pierced through Marinette as she walked by her table.

"I don't think she likes me very much," Marinette rolled eyes.

"I guess the feeling is mutual then," Adrien laughed.

"Agreste, Dupain-Cheng, do you want to share?" Ms Mendeleiev asked. They both shook their heads and started paying attention.

Marinette could feel eyes bruning trough her back and she already knew who it was.

----------------------

"Do you want to go to park after school?" Adrien asked his friends as they sat at the table. It was lunch break and all of them were peacefully eating.

"Sure," Nino shrugged. Alya nodded too.

"What period do you have next?" Marinette asked.

"Science," Nino said and sighed. He would give anything to get out of it.

"Art," Adrien said. "The thing I actually suck at,"

"I thought you were good at everything, dude," Nino laughed.

"I have Maths," Marinette sighed. "Wanna swich?" she joked.

"I have Maths too, girl!" Alya exclaimed. "You can tell me all about that boy of yours,"

"What boy?" Nino asked confused.

Marinette sighed and laughed a little. "Alya's making things up,"

"Sure I do...-" Alya smirked at her.

The bell ran, just as both of the girls stepped in the classroom.

"You're lucky," Ms Mendeleiev said.

'Great, another hour with the devil.' Marinette thought.

They sat down in the second row and started writing notes.

The class ended and Marinette couldn't tell Alya anything. Not that she would tell her about him having dinner with her parents.

And him being without a mask!

All four of them gathered at the lockers and decided to go for a ice cream.

"I can't believe you have nothing to do today, dude," Nino laughed at Adrien who was always busy.

"I can hardly believe it myself if I'm honest," he stated. They ordered their ice creams and sat down at the park bench.

"Okay so, Mari how's your boyfriend?" Alya smirked at the poor girl who went all red in the face.

"Okay, I feel I'm missing something out," Nino said confused.

"She has a boyfriend," Adrien shrugged.

"Honestly dudette, I thought you and Adrien were going to end up together somehow," Nino rolled his eyes and playfully poked Adrien in his arm.

Both of the heroes went red in the face.

If they only knew.

------------

They parted soon after and everybody went separate ways.

Marinette greeted her parents which were busy with the bakery.

She offered help and they thanked her.

She helped a bit in the bakery, before walking upstairs to work on her homework.
She was busy doing History, when her phone rang.

"Hello," she answered, putting her phone on her shoulder, holding it up only with her head so she could write and talk.

"Marinette, I seriously need to talk to you," Adrien's voice was scared, almost frightened.

She took her phone in her hand and pressed it gently against her ear, so she could hear better.

She had never heard her boyfriend being so afraid.

"Adrien? Is everything alright?" she asked, worry clearly visible in her voice.

"Mari, my m-mark," he stuttered.

"What happened?" she stood up from her chair.

"My m-mark..-it disapeared!"

----------------

Muhehe cliffhanger ;))  *sits alone, trying to look innocent*