Chapter 6

"Wake up, bitch!"

I grunted as someone smacked me with a pillow, when they went to hit me again I grabbed it and smacked them.

"Ow! I don't hit you that hard!"

I sat up and scowled at Kayla, "It's a pillow. How the hell does it hurt?"

"Well, it does."

"A pillow hurts but when you got tackled by a two-hundred pound man of muscle the other day, it didn't hurt at all? I'm finding this hard to believe."

Kayla rolled her eyes, "Oh, get your lazy ass up. It's already five after six."

I groaned, last time I ever come to an alpha meeting, unless I can sleep in. I quickly showered and threw on my clothes.

I felt a little more relaxed knowing that Alaricas wasn't here today. It's weird that he just suddenly disappeared, maybe he's hiding in his packhouse. Being a coward.

Nope, still doesn't sound like him. The Alaricas I know was a cocky, annoying, dumbass that I wanted to kill. Disappearing magic tricks is not one of his qualities.

I followed my family out to the dining hall, the second the scent of bacon hit my nostril I was taking off.

I could hear my parents chuckling and saying something about my obsession with this delicious food. I filled a whole small plate with them before grabbing some pancakes.

After breakfast we sadly had to go to the meeting. I'm slightly curious as to what this one is about, usually, they're only held for important reasons.

If an alpha has a territory disagreement with another alpha then they handle that by themselves. But if it's a war between werewolves and vampires or something like that, we have to have all the alphas meet. A councilman from Europe will guide us and come up with the plan. Also, he's here to keep all of the alphas from killing each other.

I quickly took my seat beside Kayla and my mom, I scanned all of the alphas we waited. I furrowed my eyebrows when a man who looked similar to Alaricas, walked in. He held his head up high and strode in with pride, his presence demanded respect.

I tilted my head, studying him. His eyes were the same color as Alaricas', his hair was a tad bit lighter, and his features were a tiny bit different. I swallowed, I remember Alaricas mentioning a brother. This must be him then.

"Who's he?" Kayla asked, pointing towards the almost lookalike Alaricas.

I shrugged, "I think he's Alaricas' older brother."

We all turned our attention to the councilman as he silenced us all. Everyone immediately took their seats, anxious for this meeting to begin.

"As you all know, the skin-walkers are starting to rebel against werewolves. For years we've been leading them, but now they want to form their own packs and take our lands." He announced.

Growls echoed throughout the room, my own growl escaped my lips. No way in hell is anyone taking my family's land.

"The king has attempted to reason with them, that they can form their own packs on land that isn't touched, but they refused. They claim they're tired of us ruling over them. Luckily, we have the vampires on our side, considering they're threatening them too." He continued.

"So, what are we going to do?" An alpha asked.

The councilman sighed, "All alphas from around the world are to train their packs. Even the pups that are four and older. Whenever the skin-walkers attack we need to be prepared."

"Where and when?" Another questioned.

"We're trying to find that out, the king is currently working on it."

"Is King Demetrius going to lead us?" My father asked.

The councilman nodded, "Yes, he and Queen Rosalie are already creating war plans."

"My pack will not be joining."

We all turned our heads towards the guy from before. He ignored all the glares and insults he got as he continued staring at the councilman.

"And you are?" The councilman asked.

The man cleared his throat, "Alaricas' older brother."

"Ah, it has been a long time Eduardus."

"Seems so. I return from Canada to find out my brother found his mate, abused her, lost her, then abandoned his pack. Indeed, it has been a long time." He sighed.

The councilman seemed stunned, "Alaricas is gone?"

"I'm afraid so, it's odd for my brother to just walk out on his pack like this."

I frowned, Eduardus has a point, Alaricas would never abandon his pack. Even though he would abuse me constantly during the day, I've watched how he treated his pack. He cared for them, a lot.

I got up and stepped forward, "What do you mean he abandoned them? That's not like him."

His brother looked at me, "He left them, ma'am. He's nowhere in the house."

I noticed the sorrow in his voice as he spoke, I swallowed. "You're worried for him."

He nodded, "He's had one hell of a past and had many issues. Him being alone while emotionally unstable isn't the greatest mix."

I bit my lip, "He wouldn't do that though. No matter how upset he is, he loves his pack. Something had to happen to him."

"Yeah, his bitch of a mate rejected him. Didn't let him tell her why he did what he did." He spat.

I gulped, "Oh."

"Why are you so curious anyway? You live here, in America. Surely, you don't know him. And don't even think about claiming to be one of his sluts, he saved himself for his mate."

"Well, you see..." I laughed nervously.

"I'm his bitch of a mate."