Twenty-Five

*Three days later..*

"Mama!" I groaned.

"Yes, Rachel?"

"I want candy!"

"Sweetie, we don't have any."

"Then buy some!" As soon as those words left my lips, the car got negative.

"No stops until lunch. You know the drill."

"But I want can-"

"No, candy, Rach-" then we got hit. It seemed as if it were silent. The only thing you could hear was the 'hum' of the engine. Daddy was laying on me. His head was bloody, and now my dress was covered in his sacrifice.

I woke up abruptly.

"Mom!" I screamed. "Mommy!" Lana was by my side in a flash.

"What, baby?"

"It was bad.."

"What was?"

"My dream.. I-I.." I stuttered.

"It's okay, baby. Tell me what happened." Lana sat next to me on my hospital bed.

"I'm the reason my parents.. are gone.." I broke into tears.

"How could you have been? It wasn't your fault! The semi driver hit you."

"If I hadn't wanted that stupid candy they'd still be here!"

"Rachel, the driver had a flat tire. It had nothing to do with wanting candy." Lana said.

"If I didn't want that stupid candy my dad would've been more focused on the road. He could've swerved out of the way! It's my fucking fault!" I started to yell.

"Shh.. Go to sleep." Lana laid her head on my shoulder.

Who knows? Maybe it was the pain killers making me dream weird stuff. Maybe the candy part was just a hallucination. One thing was for sure, my parents weren't here to confirm that story, and possibly because of me.
___________
daaaaaaaamn that sucked

I'm tired. It's 10:00pm here, and I have to wake up at 5:00am :(

Anyway, goodnight, and enjoy a shitty update!

-LeAnna