Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I lay silently as I watch the wind from my window blow my dream catcher back and forth.

Namimiss ko na sa Manila. Gusto ko na bumalik dun. Why do I feel like something's wrong everytime I lay in my bed?

Saturday here is so damn boring. I'm dying here.

Wala na bang ibang magawa dito kundi humilata?

I tried scrolling on my newsfeeds and saw Richard's post.

"She makes me feel special" I read the post to myself. Tss, daming alam. Why do I feel so bitter? Wala namang mali pag nakamove on na siya diba?

I was grunting when I heard people laughing outside. I hear a ball bouncing up and down in the pavement and I was tempted to peak through my window.

Huh, atleast may nagagawa tong mga to dito. Basketball, sana marunong ako. Para di ako nababagot dito.

I was watching them play when Alex came riding his bike. Ahhh, so may taste din siya sa sports.

"Sali ako" he yelled and everyone's attention turned to him. Huh! Such an attention seeker.

"Sige dito ka nalang kina Zed. Kulang sila ng isa eh" alok nung lalaking walang t-shirt.

Tumango lang si Alex at tinabi yung bike sa harap ng store nila Shara.

Hindi ko napansin na naka apat na games na pala sila. I didn't even realized that I was actually enjoying watching them.

Alex particularly was good actually in playing the game. He would laugh, shout in victory and frown in every failed shots his team mates would make.

He's taking off his shirt. I swallowed hard trying my best to look away but I can't. He lifted his shirt over his head revealing his well toned body.

Glistening with sweat, I watch as his biceps stretch to pull his shirt further. Napalunok ako, damn body!

He was wiping his face with his shirt when I heard a knock.

I jumped slightly. Silently thanking the person behind the door for breaking the spell that Alex's body has put over me.

Ugh!

I opened my door widely to see Shara and Kara smiling expectantly at me.
Kara is Shara's causin in her father side.

"Hi" they both greeted. I smiled and ushered them in.
"Pasok"  I said still calming my breath.

"Labas tayo?" Kara asked. "I'm really not sure" I said saying it apologetically. "Bakit?" Shara asked not hiding her disappointment in her tone.

Why are these two people barging in my room?

I sigh in defeat and agreed to go out with them. Wala naman siguring masama kung sasama ako. Kesa naman sa para akong tanga dito na nanunuod ng basketball.

I quickly took a bath, got dressed and walked out in the living room when I heard Alex's voice asking where we were going.

"Sha, san kayo pupunta?" he asked Shara. "Sa town po kuya" as normal, she said where we were going.

I went to the kitchen and saw him still half naked holding a glass of water in his hand.

I cleared my throat to let them know na meron ako.

"Ano ate? Tara?" Shara asked walking toward the sink washing her hand. "Sure" I answered not looking at Alex.

Palabas na kami ni Shara sa pinto nang magsalita si Alex.  "Aren't you going to talk to me, sweet Alex?" he asked.

SWEET ALEX?!!!!

I laughed hysterically at the name he just called me. Shara was laughing too and Alex seemed clueless kung anong pinagtatawanan namin.

"Sweet ALEX!" I said clutching my stomach that was now hurting.

He just raised his brow and tried his best not to smile but a fat grin split his face showcasing his colgate worthy smile.

It caught my breath and I stopped laughing.

"You don't even know me Alex. Stop calling me names. Baka magsisi ka lang"  I said bleakly watching his whole face harden. He's now clenching his jaw when I turned to leave pulling Shara behind me.

Hindi mo ako kilala Alex. Stop making it hard for me to ignore you. I don't want to be friends with you.

I bitterly thought to myself. Biting the inside of my cheek, I did my best not to cry. I don't deserve to be your friend. Not even acquintance.

ALEX (boy)

I watch as she turned and leave. Pulling Shara behind her as she throws me apologetic looks. I just nodded and they left. I remained there rooted in my spot as I replay all the words Alex said to me.

"You don't even know me Alex"

"Stop calling me names"

"Baka magsisi ka lang"

Her tone was quiet full of warning and sorrow. I looked straight into her dark deep brown eyes trying to find answers but she quickly built her walls as if sensing that I'm searching her soul.

She's full of secrets. Mystery and hatred. One second I see a carefree girl and the other minute I see no one anymore. Her walls are thick. Making it hard to see the real her.

Bakit nga ba nagsasayang pa ako ng oras trying to figure out this girl? Maxine will not be pleased with me once she learned that I'm taking interest in her.

Alex

Such a challenge but an interesting puzzle to solve.

I will figure you out. Tear your walls down and see who is the real girl hiding behind those walls you're building.

**