Chapter 7

Emma

With week has been absolutely crazy. It is like the very moment I sort out on problem another two more pop up.

First I was sent the wrong books for my french class. Of course when Harry found out he was more than happy to lend me his until mine came, indirectly making it clear he really doesn't need it because he's already fluent in french, a fact that he never misses a chance to tell me, smug bastard.

I chuckle at the memory of cursing at him when he handed it to me only to be met with a wide grin across his face knowing he has won this round.

Honestly, I hate not being the best, it's like I lose some of my power, which is ridiculous, not everything is a power struggle, especially with Harry, but I just can't help it. I just have a kneejerk reaction to things like this.

Then I had my therapist nagging me to come and just check in, only half of my food order was sent to the house for this week, student's already worrying about classes and roommates, and to top it all off I cannot shake this damn feeling in the pit of my stomach everytime I see or even think of Harry, which regrettably is more often than I would like.

He just keeps popping up in my head. When I hear something funny that he would like or anyone in a flannel or even when I grab a banana for lunch there he is in the back of my mind.

Jesus I can't even eat lunch without him swirling around in my head.

Of course I have always thought about him a lot. He is my best friend after all and we talk to eachother more than we talk to anyone else but this isn't the same. Recently all these actions have been accompanied with a flutter in the pit of my stomache and I can't stand it anymore.

And it isn't like he has been acting any differently with me. He is just normal Haz.

It has to be just me, right? It was that damn robe, that's why I am acting like a damn teenager worried about how a boy sees me. Not anymore, this stops now Emma, you're being ridiculous! I yell at myself.

All this is silly, there are bigger things to worry about than this thing with Harry that isn't even a thing.

I need to stop this constant analysis. Not every brush of our arms or knowing look means anything more.

Earlier Lina noticed that I have been slowly going crazy with my thoughts so we are heading out to Fletcher's before the welcome party next weekend. Again she insisted on doing my makeup and dressing me in one of her tight black dresses, demanding to wear my casual denim jacket to balance out her glam.

In all fairness I don't really mind, it makes her happy and I have quickly learned that if I don't let her have her way I don't hear the end of it for the rest of the night.

I couldn't deny that I was excited to spend some actual time with him, even if it was to people watch and possibly hit it off with other people like we always have. I just want time with him, I have been so busy with the mess that was my week that I just want to have a few drinks and unwind with my best friend.

Of course all this would be wonderful and normal if it weren't for the nagging feeling deep inside that's telling me Harry is the one I should be going home with. But I know I can't Harry's too much a part of my life and I can't screw it up with my feelings.

"Emma you ready?" Lina yells from down stiars pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Ya, lets go" I say grabbing my jacket, pulling it up my arms, and meeting her at the front door, making our way out into the cold night.

Harry

Fletchers is packed as per usual. Everyone seems to be unwinding and it is beginning to piss me off. The only thing that I really care about at the moment is the ravishing blond in front of me nursing her third beer of the night.

This whole night has been really fun, just like old times. Lina and Henry are off canoodling somewhere and Emma and I are scoping the bar, people watching.

It really is nice to be back to normal, doing things that we have been doing for the past few years at school before butterflies decided to set up camp in my stomach.

"Well I think that redhead who keeps eyeing you is the way to go" Em begins to explain.

"I was in a class with her a few terms ago and she seems fairly competent" she continues leaning over in the direction of this girl who has been blatantly staring at me for the past half hour. But I am just not feeling it like I once might have, especially with Emma so close.

"Ya I guess" giving the redhead a smirk and then turning back to my beer.

"What's this, are you becoming a true gentleman on me?" She asks with that tipsy smile she always gets when she teetering on the line of true reality and her drunken mind.

"Of course not Em," I smirk "have you ever known me to pass up an opportunity with a hot girl?"

She chuckles at my arrogantness. I know she loves it. Even as a smart ass little eight year old I never doubted my charm, it had gotten us out of a wee bit of trouble in our small town back in the day.

It worked on everyone but Emma of course, no matter how hard I desperately wanted it to.

"Then go other there and talk to her big shot" testing me.

"Well maybe I will?" I fire back at her.

"Good Hazzy, I have to go to the bar for get another and I don't want to find you here when I get back" she says in her perky tipsy voice jumping off her stool and leaning into me, steadying herself with my arm and giving me a quick peck on my cheek.

As I watch her walk away the goosebumps that now cover my ink covered skin grow prominent. Just watching her walk away in her tight dress and denim jacket are enough to make me squirm in my already tight black jeans.

It seems as soon as I close my eyes and take another long sip of my beer the redhead is next to me, tilting her head ready to speak.

"You're Harry right?"

"Thats me" giving me a smirk, not moving off my stool. I begin to interrupt her advances when I see Emma giggling with some tall blonde at the bar, his hand already at the base of her back.

The disappointment and anger course through me and I know the girl I want is definitely a lost cause tonight.

"So... are you?" The girl asks trying to get my attention back?

"Sorry what?"

"Are you here with anyone?" Her doe eyes looking into mine.

Well that is a hard question at the moment although I already know how this night was going to go down, it will be like all the other nights we have spent like this for the past few years. Emma and I would always showed up at the bar together but we rarely left the same way.

In a last ditch effort to see what Emma is up to I see her quickly turn around in the crowd at me and send me a celebratory smile as she leaves with her mystery bar man, honestly Harry, what did you expect to happen tonight?

"No babe" I say turning my attention back to the redheaded beauty in front of me, stroking her arm as she bites her lip and looks to the floor in response.

I take her chin meeting her eyes again "can I get you a drink?"

___

A/N: So I am super excited because I have a plan to introduce Niall into the story. It won't be for awhile, a lot of shit has to go down first, but I'm really excited to have our blonde haired Irishman a part of the story!!

Yes another filler chapter but just wait for the next chapter, A lot of tension between my two lovebirds!!!

Anyway, vote/comment/share.

All the love and happy spring!