Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s POV
We hid in the restrooms for hours. I kept opening my locket and looked at the picture,to entertain myself. I looked at my watch. It's time. I jumped off the toilet with the others and walked out of the restroom.

P:The park been closed for an hour. Let's move.
G:Yes sir.
Me:So how are you get the pearl?
P:I'm gonna use Luke's flying shoes,to fly up there,and get the pearl and-

He stopped us and made us back up. There were 5 janitors,cleaning around the statue.

G:So what now?

I had an idea. I tapped the charm of my bracelet and it instantly turned into my bow and arrow.

Me:Ok guys. I got this
G:You got what? Hey yo hey listen. Are you trying to kill the janitors?

I rolled my eyes.

Me:Chill I know what I'm doing.

I walked away so I could have better aim.

G:Those are working-class Americans.

I placed a paralyze arrow on my bow and took aim. In under 30 seconds,all 5 janitors were on the ground.

G:Oh man. Why did you do that for?
Me:They're not dead,they're unconscious. Now we have 30 minutes. Come on!
G:Cool.

Annabeth set up her laptop so we could ask Luke how the shoes work. Grover and I were dragging the janitors into a pile in a corner while Percy was putting on the flying shoes. We walked up towards Annabeth.

A:Luke?
L:Annabeth!
A:How do you turn on the shoes?
L:Tell Percy he's got to build up speed,kind of like a jet on a runway but it's gonna take some practice.
P:Ok. I got this.

He started running but was fumbling in the air

G:It's gonna take some practice!

He reached the top of the statue and was about to get the pearl but the shoes lost altitude,making Percy fall on the ground. We rushed towards him. My Apollo instincts were going off.

Me:Percy that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen! Luke said it was going to take some practice!
P:Yeah well I guess I don't listen very well.

He said playfully but still looked like he was in pain. Looks like he broke a rib or two. I grabbed a piece of ambrosia and gave it to Percy. He ate it and slowly got up.

A:So now what?
Me:I'll get the pearl. Percy let me see the shoes.

He obeyed and gave it to me. I put them on and backed up. Annabeth,Percy,and Grover got out of the way. I started running,then the wings fluttered up towards the pearl without any trouble. I grabbed the pearl and held it out to the others.