Chapter 10

"I'm sorry."

I kept turning around, trying to find the person speaking, but couldn't. All he kept saying was he's sorry, but sorry for what? Not only that, but the voice was familiar. Really familiar.

"Who's there?" I called out.

"I'm sorry!"

That voice. Who owns that voice?

"Please! I'm sorry!" He screamed again.

It suddenly clicked as my heart skipped a beat.

"Alaricas!"

I woke up to see Cain shaking me and Eduardus giving me a worried look. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, scrunching up my nose at how sweaty it was.

I slowly looked over and screamed, both men jumped as they looked at the dark corner.

"I'm sorry, I heard her screaming in her sleep." Jefferson said as he stepped into the light.

I swallowed, "Why were you watching me sleep?"

"You were screaming." He stated.

Cain pinched the bridge of his nose, "And you didn't try waking her up, why?"

"Because, I didn't want to."

I scooted closer towards Cain and Eduardus, my whole body was shaking. There is something seriously wrong with this guy. I didn't see him much when I was here before, but I never thought he would be this messed up.

"Oh, well, you can go now." I stated.

He frowned, "But I like watching you sleep. You're weird when you sleep."

"Alright, that's enough, Jefferson. You're freaking her out." Eduardus growled.

Jefferson slowly looked at him, "Okay."

Once he was out of my room I clung onto Cain. He wrapped his arms around me before picking me up bridal style.

"She's sleeping in my room for now on." He stated.

Eduardus nodded, "That would be best...I don't trust Jefferson."

Cain gently laid me on his bed before tucking me in, I released a breath and curled up in a ball.

"He is to stay away from you and you are to stay close by me." Cain said.

I nodded, "You don't have to tell my twice."

"You know, he oddly smells like Alaricas." I murmured.

Cain frowned, "That's strange."

"Yeah." I yawned. "Alaricas isn't even around unless Jefferson did something to him."

As I was falling asleep I noticed Cain freeze, his eyes widened.

"We're talking to Eduardus tomorrow." He stated before going to bed.

I woke up to see Cain searching through his clothes, he grabbed a shirt and threw it on. I went to get out of bed when a slightly sharp pain shot through my back. It felt as if someone was slowly cutting into it.

I gasped out, by whole body tensed up from the sudden pain. My groan of pain reached Cain's ears as I tumbled onto the ground.

He immediately rushed over, ever so gently, he rolled me onto my back. He furrowed his eyebrows as he studied me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

I swallowed, "My back hurts like hell."

He turned me on to my side to inspect my back, but found nothing. So, I laid there for a while until it went away. Once it was, I was able to relax my muscles and stand up.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

Cain shrugged, "Maybe a bad muscle cramp. Come on, lets get some breakfast."