CHAPTER NINE

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

I entered the café and the addicting aroma of cinnamon, vanilla and coffee welcomed me, calming my anxious state.

Looking around, my eyes spotted Kyle occupying the remote table at the very end. As if sensing my eyes on him he looked up and stood as I approached the table.

I look at him carefully when I was at the table, and sucked in a breath.

He looks excatly the way I like! He even used my favourite colonge and shower gel! His tight black v-neck highlighted his muscled chest, arms and those gorgeous six packs.

God! This man will try everything possible to get me back.

"Hey!" He said when I reached the table.

I only nodded curtly without spraing him a glance, and sat down before he
could pull out the chair for me.

"Do you want me order something? Then we can talk about whatever you want." he asked.

"Thank You. But I am not here to with a friend to have a good time. I just want to discuss about something important and I'll be out of here." I replied in a curt voice.

"But I haven't eaten anything since I came here this morning. I was waiting for you to come..." He was saying but I cut him off.

"I never asked you to starve! It was your choice not mine! I didn't invite you for a feast, I had very clearly mentioned that I wanted to meet you and talk to you regarding something important, and it does not involve eating." I said cutting him mid sentence.

"Well, I cannot fully concentrate till I have eaten something. You have to grab a bite with me if you wish to discuss issues! Otherwise we can leave this place right away." He said in a no nonsense tone.

I just glared at him for a few seconds, then huffed and said "Fine! Order whatever you want to."

In no time the a gentle looking old lady came to take our order.

"What can I get for the beautiful couple?" She asked with a full blown smile.

"We aren't a couple, ma'am. But the man here will place the order." I said with a mixture of anger and sadness in my voice to the lady.

"Oh dear! I deeply apologise! I made such a silly mistake. Please forgive me for it." The old lady said looking embarrassed and lowered her head.

"No, it fine. Everybody makes mistakes, even I have! There is nothing for you to feel sorry about, you didn't know." I said while looking at the lady with a gentle expression and glaring at Kyle when I used the word "mistake"

He just ignored the remark and placed the order.

"A tuna sandwich for me along with green tea and a camomile tea with chicken sandwich for the lady." He said to the lady ordering my favourite evening snack.

"Actually ma'am please make it only jasmine tea for me." I requested politely to the woman.

The woman only nodded smiling kindly and went away.

"Why didn't you let me order your favourite, Paisley?" He asked me giving me pained expression.

"Things and people change, Mr.Redmond. As it is I am here to talk, not for snacking." I replied ignoring his pained expression directly looking into his eyes.

"You will never forgive me, right?" He asked pathetically.

"Thats not what I am here for. I want to talk to you about my kids." I said in a firm voice.