forbidden forest

The scent of rain filled the air. It didn't start raining, yet. But, you could smell the dew gather up. The raindrops threatened to fall at any moment of the day.

Harry along side with his friends, Ron and Hermione, made their way to Transfiguration with the Syltherins. Which wasn't so bad because their teacher happened to be the Head of Gryffindor house. And all Syltherins disliked her because Professor McGongall was somewhat better than Professor Snape, in people's opinion.

Harry entered the class with the rest of his fellow students. Harry sat next to Hermione and unfortunately Draco. Ron accidentally got wedged between Neville and Seamus. The only seat left was by Harry, which Draco gladly took.

Not saying a word to each other they listened to McGonagall respectfully. Taking notes, and using magic without hexing one another.

When class was done before leaving out the doors Professor McGonagall called for the two boys.

"Mr. Malfoy and Mr.Potter come here."

Harry turned around to walk to her desk where she was standing by. Draco sighed and followed behind Harry.

"I need both of you too enter the Forbidden Forest and find me the black rose. Don't ask why just go, tonight, preferably." She motioned to them to leave her classroom.

Draco and Harry stayed a good distance apart from each other at all times. Before separating their ways Harry mentioned the time to meet up and where.

Hours later, when it was bedtime for everyone, Harry left the dorm, with the Professors permission of course to go the forest like said. Harry snuck out plenty of times but, since this was task from the professor there's really no need to sneak out.

Harry met Draco in the court yard to go into the Forbidden Forest. They didn't say a word to each other while entering. With the lantern in Harry's hand he remembers a specific memory in first year. He chuckled to himself but, loud enough for Draco to hear.

Draco looked at Harry with a confused look.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Remember in first year-" Harry started. But, Draco gave him a stern look.

"I try not to remember it. Well, who wouldn't be afraid of this Forest? It's extremely scary," Draco said with a seriousness tone.

"Are you still scared?" Harry asked.

Draco shrugged,"Yeah, sort of."

Right when Draco said that a werewolf howled.

Draco scooted closer to Harry,"Uh, let me rephrase that: Yes, definitely."

Harry didn't move back when their shoulders touched. He felt an intense tingle that seemed familiar but, this was 10x more powerful.

"Why do I feel so safe around you?" Draco asked. Draco's tense softened when he saw Harry smile.

"I'm Harry Potter," he smiled,"It's a natural feeling."

Draco rolled his eyes,"Shut up. I was trying to be nice. It feels nice to feel safe."

Both were walking a few inches apart from each other, not caring when their shoulders skimmed each other time from time.

"What do you mean by that?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. I mean, my father used to do the Crucio curse on me to prepare me. Sometimes he would do it just for fun. He just abuses me. And all the others look at me like they want to rip my throat out."