14.

I was having a bad week, so to speak. First, I had lost my best friend's trust. Second, I stepped over a line with my mortal enemy that, I knew, I wasn't even suppose to go near, let alone step over. And now, I had to sit through my second week of detention (for something I haven't done) all on my own with nothing but my phone in my hand and a book with smudged ink.

I sighed and glanced at my phone. No texts and no calls from anyone else but my mom.

I sighed again and looked away. Me and Julian's plan hasn't even reached its brink of success yet and it's already falling apart. I groaned and buried my face in my arms. That's when I realized... What am I even doing here? I looked up immediately to see the teachers asleep on his desk. I hurriedly, but quietly, gathered my things and snuck out.

I closed the door slowly, careful not to wake the sleeping monster. Only when I was really about to make my great escape did I bump into someone. I bumped into a rock hard chest while my books scattered all over the floor.

"Damn it." I cursed and didn't bother to look up before started to pick up my books.

The person who I bumped into didn't even bother to help me. But I could feel him staring at me. When I finally had my things together, I stood up and looked at the person with a huff.

What I didn't expect to see was for Julian to be staring at me. He had the same expression he had when we were at the diner. Unreadable and cold.

"Hey." I said.

He looked at me before his eyes fell to the floor. "You dropped something." I followed his gaze and found my bookmark lying on the floor.

When I started to pick it up, that's when he decided to walk away. I hurried to catch him before he could disappear around a corner.

"Julian, wait!" I called out.

He stopped in his tracks but did not turn to look at me.

I sighed and tried to regain my breathing. Damn him and his long legs. "I'm sorry. I know I went too far at the diner. I was... I was being selfish and I didn't care what you thought at the time. I mean, of course, if you just didn't push me I would've..." I stopped when I saw him clench his fists. "I'm really really sorry." I said.

It's surprising actually, because I thought he'd be really mean about my apology and walk away but instead he turned to look at me with an angry look written all over his face.

"Why do you keep doing that?" He snapped.

Startled would be an understatement to what I felt. "What do you mean? Doing what?" I asked, baffled by his reaction to my apology.

"Why do you keep apologizing for something you didn't even do?" He said, angrily.

"Uh., because it's the right thing to do...?" When I said that, Julian grunted and looked away. "I'm sorry, but I think the usual response to an apology is forgiveness. Have you not heard of that?" I told him as if talking to a five year old.

He glared at me. "Forget it." He snapped.

"You know, I don't get you. You're all good and kind the first, then you're mean and angry the next. What are you, bipolar or something?"

"People, especially girls like you annoy the hell out of me." He said and turned to walk away.

"Well, jerks like you makes death seem like heaven. Just to let you know, the feeling is mutual buddy. Oh, and for the record, you can forget about that stupid revenge plan you so desperately wanted to do." I yelled and that's when he stopped.

I huffed before walking away, enabling him from making a come back.