15.

I knocked on her door and waited for her to open. My best friend appeared in front of me after a moment or two in her penguin onesie holding a spoon that I'm pretty sure was coated with Nutella just a moment ago.

Before she could say anything I said, "You wanted to know the truth? I'll tell you. Can you please just let me in?"

Amanda gave me a baffled look before ushering me in.

~ o ~

So that's how we ended up in Amanda's room during a school night, in identical onesies, eating ice cream and talking.

"So, you're telling me that you going to a party was only so you could make Jack and Stacey jealous?" She clarified.

I nodded. "Pretty much, yeah." I said.

She was silent for a moment. "So, the rumor about you two being in a relationship is just fake?"

I nodded again. "Pretty much, yeah... But then other people don't know that."

She nodded. "Basically, you're telling me that the two of you, you and Julian, are fake dating?"

"Yeah... In a way."

She let out a low whistle. "Wow... I, uh, I expected you to do something crazy, but this... this is just a whole new level of crazy. It's catastrophic!" She exclaimed.

"What's the big deal? I mean, it's just fake dating. No harm done." I said with a shrug.

"No harm done? Seriously, Claire? Do you really not know the risks in fake dating? You could... I don't know, develop some feelings for each other. Like, Friends with Benefits and some other movies that agreed to not have feelings for each other. It never works out the way it's suppose to." She explained.

I rolled my eyes at her. "That won't happen. None of that will happen. You're reading way too many books and watching way too many movies." I paused. "You know why I'm sure? Because we got into a huge fight and... and he's never speaking to me again."

Amanda smirked as if she knew something I didn't. "What was the fight about?"

I looked down and said in a small voice, "The liquor store incident."

Her eyes widened and her smirk dropped. "Oh, yeah. You are in so much trouble." She said. I sighed.

Tell me about it.