21.

For the second time, Julian Turner has persuaded me into going to another high school party, yet again. But this time around, Amanda gets to come with me and so does Julian's friends, so I guess it's a little bearable now. Plus, Julian promised to have no surprise kisses this time, something I half believed.

"I still can't get over the fact that you agreed to this." Amanda said.

"Yeah. Tell me about it. But I can't blame her, though. I'm known to be quite persuasive." Julian piped in.

I slapped his arm. "She's not talking to you, doofus. So, shut up and eyes on the road." I turned to Amanda. "He forced me. If I wasn't so bored, I'd call this kidnapping." I said.

The six of us, me and Amanda, Julian and his friends, were currently inside Julian's jeep on our way to said party. I was seated in the passengers seat while the other four was at the back. Julian navigated.

"Believe me, I don't even know why I agreed in the first place." I muttered, looking out the window.

"Because you can't resist the Julian Turner charm. Admit it, babe. You want me." Julian said, smirking at me.

I flinched at the word babe. Gah! I hate that word. It makes me think of fuck girls and it makes me feel easy. No offense to people who like being called that name. "No. Please. Don't call me that. Think of anything but that."

There was silence around the car before I heard Winter say, "Yo, what about that nickname you gave her?"

"Oh, yeah! Thanks, man." Julian turned to me. "So, brownie. How's it going?" He said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, boy."

There was laughter around the car before Amanda said, "Sometimes I wonder why you two are enemies."

Then we arrived at our destination before anyone could reply to her statement.

~ o ~

"You know, to tell you honestly, Claire, I was kind of expecting you to break down at any moment." Amanda said as she sat down next to me.

She just came from the kitchen to grab a drink with the guys but when I looked behind her, she was all alone. Now, where did they run off to?

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "What do you mean?"

"About your relationship with Jack? But, I mean, come on. You were together for six months. Surely, you must feel something besides whatever you're feeling now." She elaborated.

I gave her a flat look. "Amanda, you know me. I'm not that type of person."

"No, I know that. But, seriously, does it really not bother you?" She gestured to the couple grinding against each other on the dance floor.

I didn't answer, nor did I look away.

She continued, "You're going to have to give in sooner or later. I know Julian has." before gulping down her drink and standing up to get more, leaving me sitting there to think.

Damn it, Amanda. Why did you have to be so smart?