Chapter 45: Panic

October, 2nd Friday

"(Y/n), are you ok...?" Lala gently shook her friend's unmoving form, as the girl could only stare at the ceiling with a dazed look. "(Y/n), do you want some hot chocolate...?" The girl remained unstirred by her friend's offer and simply focused all her attention to the white canvas above her, as her mind swirled with nothingness.

"What's up with her?" Saki peeked over her sister's shoulder to take in the catatonic female.

"She's been like this since I woke up," Lala stealthily leaned in to her twin so as to whisper her concern, "I don't think she's even blinked all night." The female looked back at the paralysed girl.

"(Y/n)! You want something from the shop? I can quickly run out and get you something..." But as she realised none of her words were getting through to her friend, Saki exhaled and went back to collecting her school equipment.

"Are you alright, dear?" Lala tenderly touched the girl's head to confirm that she was not suffering an ailment that effected her mood. "Hey, how about you go freshen up in the bathroom, come on." The girl had to struggle at lifting her friend up at a sitting position until (Y/n) finally found the motor functions to perform the other half of the task. "Good girl!" Lala patted the female on the back as encouragement.

(Y/n) melancholically made her slow progression to the bathroom and as she was left to her lonesome in the white surroundings, she looked at herself in the mirror. There were shadows of dark circles under her eyes and dilated pupils and red scleras, to indicate her night of unrest. 'Why...?' It had been the only question that would circulate through her subconscious the entirety of the night. She reached into the pocket of her pyjama pants and took out the device that would constantly send her into nightmares. She stared at the phone as irritated huffs were created from the female exhales. Like magic, it began to buzz against her palm, causing tingles to run up against her back.

"Hi angel! Guess what day it is today?!" (Y/n) grunted at the boy's disgustingly cheerful mood. "Today is the day I get to hold you in my arms again! Isn't that exiting?!" The girl could practically feel the spring in the boy's step as he talks about her return like a regular occurrence.

"I'm not coming back..."

"Aaaww don't be like that, angel. I'll buy you so many gifts when you come back, you'll forget that everything even happened." Ryo chirped up in a positive tone.

"Ryo, can't you see I'm not well...? After all, you seem to have me under surveillance." (Y/n) pinched the bridge of her nose and the start of her eye muscles to bring a relaxed sensation to her nerves.

"Yeah but...I can't see you at the moment." The girl raised an eyebrow at the claim.

"How profound...you were so high and giddy when you had an eye on me." The male huffed out in annoyance at the girl's comeback.

"Don't talk like that, I could still see you."

"Really? Because I think I found a blind spot in your little technique." Ryo pouted at the female's consistent mockery.

"Well, if you only accepted my gifts then maybe..." The boy quickly trailed off but no sooner before the girl caught on to the unintentional confession of his statement.

"What?"

"W-what?"

"What did you mean by that?" The girl was given a confirming gulp from the boy, knowing very well she had taken a step at uncovering his method of watchfulness.

"I mean...then maybe you would be accepting of me-"

"Ryo don't even try! What do your gifts have to do with your stalking?" There was a long moment of silence that she had to go through before getting a response in the form of a joyful chuckle, and a buoyant tone.